Webster's 1828 Dictionary

Ed Cross

Is it possible to get the first edition, the 1828 edition, of Webster's dictionary as a module?

Pastor Ed Cross

Anything is possible, but I do not believe that the work required to etext and prepare such a module would be justified by the demand.

What is the significance of the 1828 edition? I hear it promoted in church a lot these days.

When the Webster Dictionary was added to Accordance a few years ago, I was really impressed. It seems to have all of the scripture references and has a Biblical perspective. Is the 1828 edition that much better?

Anything is possible, but I do not believe that the work required to etext and prepare such a module would be justified by the demand.

You mean my demanding it would not be justification enough? Just kidding!

I have the eText in eSword and Swordsearcher on the Windows platform. Is it something that could be setup as a user tool or would it be too large?

What is the significance of the 1828 edition? I hear it promoted in church a lot these days.

When the Webster Dictionary was added to Accordance a few years ago, I was really impressed. It seems to have all of the scripture references and has a Biblical perspective. Is the 1828 edition that much better?

It has historical significance, plus the English language has been devolving over the years. The Websters that is in Accordance is a 1913 edition almost 100 years after it's inception and I am certain there have been changes over the years. I study only the KJV so it is a great language tool for that purpose being closer to that time period.

Archived