New user: need help

Oheyward

I am new to accordance. I just purchased accordance 10 ultimate. I am having some trouble understanding how to use this software, and becoming quite frustrated. I am attempting to do word studies, but i do not know where to start in this software. I have been with another program for years that seemed alot more user friendly. Can some one give me some direction on how I can perform good exegetical study with this software. Please! I just spend 1999.00. I saw some videos, but it was for accordance 9, and there is but one video for 10.

Welcome to the forums, Oheyward! I think you'll find that there are many people here who are eager to help you get up and running with Accordance. It's always a bit of a challenge learning a new application when you're used to the way another application does things, but Accordance is an amazing program for doing good exegetical study. Here are some sources of support to help you in this regard.

1) Training seminars: Our full-day training seminars are free to attend and will teach you how get the most out of Accordance. I am teaching seminars in Toronto, Vancouver, and Los Angeles in the next few months. We also have one planned in November in Chicago, and I believe we may be planning another one in Texas. If you are near any of these areas, I'd strongly encourage you to attend. They're incredibly helpful.

2) Training Videos: I'm assuming our Lighting the Lamp podcast videos are the ones you are referring to. At the moment, we only have one out for version 10, but we are working on more now and will release them as soon as they are finished. Look for them in the next month on this page. In the meantime, most of the older videos will still be incredibly helpful and relevant. For example, the Ultimate Collection includes our Graphics Bundle (Atlas, Timeline, and PhotoGuide). I'd encourage you to check out Dr. J's podcast on these products. It's podcast #15 (or 70 depending on which number you go by) on this list. You can also check out the recommended videos for new users.

3) Forums: As you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask here on the forums. The community is diverse and incredibly knowledgeable. Best of all, the people here are friendly and eager to help new users.

If it might be helpful, I'd be happy to have a screenshare session with you and answer some of the specific questions you may have, as well as show you some basic Bible study techniques in Accordance. Just send me private message and we can set up a time.

-Darin

Edited by Darin Allen

Darin,

Words cannot express my deep gratitude for your help! I will message you privately. Again Thank you much.