Webinar Audio Connection

Timothy Jenney

Beginning February 17th, we will be using telephone connections exclusively for our webinars. Attendees will need connect via telephone to connect in order to hear the audio [We are sorry, but VoIP is simply not reliable enough to continue to use.]. We recommend users consider using a comfortable headset for convenience each session.

The telephone itself can be analog, digital, wired or wireless (yes, iPhones are supported!), even a Skype account. In addition to the number contained in your invitation e-mail, a list of global call-in numbers is available on-site on the "Info" pane once you log in. While Skype is probably the least expensive choice overall, these other international numbers are available for your use.

We believe this change will eliminate the audio problems we have experienced, and make for much more enjoyable sessions.

I used Skype to make the call last week and it worked flawlessly. It was a state-to-state call and cost less than $1.50 to be a part of the webinar for over an hour. I decided to use Skype instead of a standard phone to avoid having to hold a handset for an hour. The call quality with Skype was excellent. I used my iPhone with headset during an earlier webinar and, though it worked just fine, it seemed to me that the call quality from Skype was even better.

Very cool, Mark! I was wondering if anyone had used an iPhone to connect yet. I must say, I'm envious. I've been a longtime Verizon customer and hate to switch carriers, but iPhone is still only available on AT&T. :(

Thanks for the "thumbs up" on the Skype connection. That's what I'll be using to connect on my end beginning next week.

Archived