Crashing on startup after upgrade to 11

David Voth

Hello. I just upgraded to v. 11 and I am trying to get it working for me. I am getting an error after it began to crash. I get a dialog as in the attached image. The buttons don't respond and the only thing I can do is force quit. The program will open after that briefly, but then it crashes again and I get the dialog again.

I installed in an admin account, but the problem is happening in my normal standard account that I use.

post-394-0-67205600-1419713366_thumb.png

I am having the same issue. Accordance 11 is not working out for me. I upgraded a few weeks ago, but I have not really had time to "delve in" until today, and so far, it has been "slow going". Like yourself: I keep crashing. Going to re-review the podcasts, but right now... things are not going well for me

David,

Try restarting without "recovering" last session. I had one workspace that was giving me fits every time I used it. So, I deleted it.

The only other issue that I had was related to "user tools" syncing with DropBox. When I "unselected" the user tools (preferences, syncing), then the DropBox crashes went away.

Hope one of these may help!

Joseph

We may have identified a cause for crashes or hangs on startup in Yosemite. It may be due to Check for Content Update being activated during startup. The workaround is to turn off internet, start up Accordance and then turn off the automatic check. After that you can turn on internet and check manually for the update.

Hello Helen. Thanks for the reply. Opening while disconnected to the internet works. However, it didn't get rid of the problem. For me the problem seems to be the Easy Install dialog is when the program crashes.

Please check your System Preferences: Network: Advanced: Proxies and make sure that 'Auto Proxy Discover' and "Auto Proxy Configuration' are unchecked.

Helen, I hadn't done anything with network settings. Changing permissions seems to have fixed my problem. Thanks.