User Notes to ID window broken and nothing pops up, either

Julia Falling

I get info in the ID window from an Accordance Tool, but not from the links in my notes. The links aren't broken, because the cursor turns into a magnifying glass when I hover; when I click on the link, the verses open in a new zone. However, clicking and holding does not produce the pop-up, even with the delay set at 'Short,' and when an ID window is present, it remains empty.

I've discovered how to trigger the problem.

I closed all Accordance windows and created a new workspace with just the NAS95 and my User Notes. The links in my Notes worked just fine. I added the GNT-tagged 28th. Still OK. Added GNT-BYZ. Still OK. Added the GNT-TR. Still OK. Added the KJV. Still OK. Added a bunch of tools to the window (Outlines, NET Notes, NAS95 Notes, ESV Study Bible Notes, EBC-R), checking the links after each addition. Everything still worked. Changed the search text to GNT28-T. Everything still worked. Did a search for διάλεκτος. All the links are now broken. I duplicated the tab and searched for verses – Acts. Links still broken in both tabs.

I closed that window and, without restarting Accordance, opened a new Workspace = NAS95 + User Notes. All links working. I did a search in English for 'Abraham' – all links still work. Set the search for verses and searched for Acts. Still everything works. Then I opened all the stuff I had had in the first Workspace. It wasn't in the same order, but it was all the same stuff. I again searched for Abraham. All OK. I changed the search text to GNT28th and searched for ερχομαι. All the links are broken again. Doing a Greek search breaks the links, but only in User Notes.

Again I closed the window and created a new workspace. I opened only the NAS95 & User Notes. Everything worked. I added the GNT28th and made it the search text. Didn't search for anything, just changed the search text. Almost all the links are broken. For some reason Is 7:14 works and the others around it don't. Makes no difference whether the link is to an OT or NT verse. This is repeatable. Very, very strange.

I was able to get the same result using the NA27th instead of the GNT28th. The trigger is changing the search text to a Greek text. Same result with GNT-BYZ.

I removed the GNT28th quit Accordance.

I restarted Accordance and reinstalled GNT28th.

Opened the GNT28th by double-clicking from the Library. Added the NAS95 and User Notes. The link to Is 7:14 still works, but none of the other links I checked work.

A reproducible problem is better than one that can't be reproduced, right?

Accordance 11.0.3

All modules up to date.

MacOS up to date.

Edited by Julie Falling

Here's the abbreviated version. Would someone try to duplicate? Thanks!

Open only the NAS95 & your User Notes.

Check your User Notes links. Do they work?

Add the GNT28th and make it the search text. Don't search for anything, just change the search text.

How are your links now?

I was able to get the same result using the NA27th, GNT-BYZ, UBS4th. Even Sinaiticus breaks the links.

Clicking on link will still open the Scripture in a new zone, but ID window remains blank, and pop-up ID window doesn't work, either.

Yes, Julie, I can reproduce. I don't have the NA28, but I can reproduce in every Greek NT text I do have. It does not happen in the LXX or Apostolic Fathers.

Lorinda

Thank you, Lorinda. We really do have a bug here. I was afraid I had a corrupt User Notes file. Being about to reproduce it myself led me to believe it wasn't just me. Your confirmation seals the deal. Hope it's not too hard a fix.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone looking at this? Has it been fixed in Acc 11.0.4? Any ETA on release of 11.0.4?

Thanks!

Thanks. It's a frustrating problem. It will be addressed soon, I hope.