Bug in 11.0.3

Calvin Lindstrom

I just upgraded to the latest version of Accordance - 11.0.3. Right after this upgrade, I noticed a very annoying popup window repeatedly appearing saying, "The text 'Sample Tool' is not currently available to Accordance." I have never seen this before. Any thoughts?

I should mention that this popup window appears even when I am not directly working in Accordance but in Word for example.

post-1778-0-57589500-1419118459_thumb.png

I had a similar problem. Try resetting your hypertext preferences in Tool Display (Preferences>Tool Display).

I’m having similar problems, and Timothy’s solution isn’t helping. Other ideas? Call it a full-on bug?

Happened to me and this solved it...

Go to "Preferences"

Go to "Syncing"

Uncheck "User Tools"

This is provided that you are syncing with DropBox.

There is another thread that goes a step beyond.

You go to...dropbox.com

Next "apps"

Next "accordance"

Next "user tools"

Delete "Sample tool" and "Bird's Eye"

I've done both and seems to have taken care of it.

Haven't tested 2nd solution, which probably is more of a permanent vs. temporary solution (which I did Friday).

Joseph

Sorry for the troubles with dropbox syncing in 11.0.3. I think that previous versions of Accordance had ignored an old name conflict and now v11.0.3 is having trouble cleaning up the conflict. Most likely Sample Tool existed both locally and remotely but there name differed by extension (e.g. “Sample Tool” vs “Sample Tool.acc7”. These files are included free with Accordance (desktop and iOS) and have caused conflicts due to bug in previous versions of Accordance.

If anyone else has this problem then it would be helpful to let me know the names of the module in Accordance Files > User Tools and Dropbox > Apps > Accordance > User Tools.

I recommend deleting these files from Dropbox > Apps > Accordance > User Tools and syncing with your various desktops and devices.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I just started having this problem, but I do not use Dropbox. I imported a User Bible named "test" and then removed it from the library. Now, every time I click on a verse reference in my user notes, it says, 'The text "test" is not currently available to Accordance." If I have Instant Details open, then this pops up whenever I move the mouse over a verse link. None of my search tabs are using "test". This happens even with a new workspace.

I worked around it by re-importing my "test" user bible, but I would rather not have this in my library.

Accordance 11.0.3

Update:

I think I fixed it... I went into Preferences > User Notes Display. The Hypertext items were both set to NRSV. I changed them to NASB and did OK/Apply. After that, I could delete the "test" bible with no more errors. Then I changed the preference back to NRSV, and it is still fixed. I cannot reproduce this problem anymore.

Edited by Darin Franklin