How to study the Bible... What to buy

Todd Mogilner

I am wondering what tools I should have in order to make the most use out of Accordance. Right now I have Library 7 Standard and a few basic other modules. What do people use to write sermons and help to explain scripts.

I am sure Helen would like me just to buy all the modules :lol: but am looking to make the most effective purchase I can. I have been looking at the Expositor

If it's between Expositor's and IVP-Reference, I'd go with the IVP set. You get a much wider variety of tools, and a two complete Bible commentaries (a one-volume commentary and a two-volume background commentary on OT & NT). Granted, these two commentaries are not as in-depth as Expositor's, but if you have the Standard level you already have some decent commentaries on the entire Bible at your disposal. The Zondervan packages are also really helpful, and they come with similar types of tools as IVP, but published by Zondervan. It is more expensive, though, to buy all three Zondervan packages than the IVP package, though some people might find it to be a better package (you would get an abridged version of Expositor's in the Essential Suite). I hope this helps!

Archived