Tab=Return in User Notes

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I was working with a User Tool today, and discovered that the tab key no longer works correctly. Instead of tabbing in a few spaces, it inserts a carriage return. I'm virtually certain I've been able to use the tab key in the past.

I quit Accordance and restarted and the behavior continues.

Any ideas?

Lorinda

We cannot reproduce the problem. Is the tab key working in other situations? Is your number lock key pressed by any chance?

Helen,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My apologies for not checking another User Tool before I posted. Had I thought of that, I could have saved you some time.

It turns out the problem only occurs in this User Tool, and only in certain sections. After some experimenting, I discovered how to fix it. If I select an area affected this way and click on the left justify button of the Text palette, then the Tab key will function correctly in those lines.

The odd thing is that to all appearances these lines are already left-justified.

If you want to take a look at the file I'm reasonably certain I've still got some sections where the tab key forces a new line start. But the fix I found is enough for me.

Thanks again.

Lorinda

Archived