frequent monitor change

A. Smith

I constantly go back and forth from my macbook's 13" monitor to an external 22" monitor (both widescreen). ? When I move to the smaller monitor, the workspace jumps up and is partially hidden by the resource pallet. I realize this is a trivial thing, but is there someway that I can make accordance stay where i put it and simply scale to the different screens. When I have several workspaces open (I can't afford the upgrade for zones just yet), the reshuffle can be come a real pain.

I constantly go back and forth from my macbook's 13" monitor to an external 22" monitor (both widescreen). ? When I move to the smaller monitor, the workspace jumps up and is partially hidden by the resource pallet. I realize this is a trivial thing, but is there someway that I can make accordance stay where i put it and simply scale to the different screens. When I have several workspaces open (I can't afford the upgrade for zones just yet), the reshuffle can be come a real pain.

I recommend sizing and saving your workspaces for the smallest monitor you use. It's relatively easy to expand a small workspace, but too many tabs [or zones!] can make shrinking it problematic. A large workspace designed on a large monitor will open on the smaller screen, but the behavior is just as you describe. That's because each pane requires a certain minimum amount of space [bTW, the new zones in Accordance 9 make this practice almost essential, as they require even more in the way of minimum space.]

I change between my MBP 15 inch and an external 23 inch monitor daily. For quick resizing I simply click on the green resize button (see screen shot). But this only adjusts the main workspace window. Another way to resize and align your workspace with pallets is by the Window menu/arrange/tile windows. This option works well in Accordance 8.4 but in Accordance 9 it doesn't because of Zones (if you have resources grouped in zones). However, even with Zones the green resize button will work in Accordance 9, shrinking the workspace down to my 15 inch screen, and enlarging it for the 23 inch. The Amplify Pallet will need to be moved into place FIRST though (dragged to the right of your screen if that is where you keep it) when stepping up to the larger screen in BOTH versions (8 and 9) of Accordance. This acts as a parameter telling Accordance where to stop with the enlarging of the workspace. I hope that helps somewhat.

post-29340-128521718906_thumb.jpg

Archived