Accordance 7.2 Problems

Chris

Hi.

I've just updated to 7.2, but I'm now getting the following errors on starting the program:

Print error #-38070

Print error #-38075

Print error #-38070

Print error #-38075

Just so you know!

Chris

Please see this recent topic for some ideas on fixing the problem.

Accordance crashes evey time I try to print the following:

look up 1 Sam ch. 1 in BHS-W4, parse the whole chapter, and then print - crashes every single time. Choosing "Preview" in the print dialog crashes every single time. Save as PDF crashes it every time as well. Trying to print any concordance result crashes as well, be it straight printing or PDF.

That said, I have no problem simply printing the text, whether in ESV or BHS-W4.

I read a recent topic about reinstalling printer driver. I'm hoping to aviod that, since printing works just fine with all other apps, and even in Accordance.

Thanks for any tips!

Ken

BTW. Accordance 7.2. 10.4.9

Yup, its crashing. Sorry about that. We'll see what we can do about it.

BTW, Chris' problem may be the startup session he is using. Try removing that file from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences and then creating a new startup session.

I am having problems with the widget since I updated to 7.2. I type in my Scripture reference, hit enter, and the text fills the portion below, but does not paste it into the application that I am using. Also, since I updated 7.2., AOL will not open on my G4, but it is doing fine on my MacBook Pro.

Don Ruhl

I don't use AOL, but the widget is working for me. Be sure that Enable access for assistive devices is checked in your System Preferences/Universal Access, if you want it to paste automatically into another document.

I don't use AOL, but the widget is working for me. Be sure that Enable access for assistive devices is checked in your System Preferences/Universal Access, if you want it to paste automatically into another document.

Helen,

I have "Enable Access for Assistive Devices" checked, but still with both of my computers, the widget is not pasting.

Don Ruhl

And Auto Insert is checked on the reverse of the widget whch is version 1.5? If so, I can only suggest reloading the widget after trashing the widget-com.oaktree.widget.Accordance.plist from user/Library/Preferences.

And Auto Insert is checked on the reverse of the widget whch is version 1.5? If so, I can only suggest reloading the widget after trashing the widget-com.oaktree.widget.Accordance.plist from user/Library/Preferences.

Helen,

Yes, Auto Insert is checked and I am using version 1.5. And yes, trashing the widget-com.oaktree.widget.Accordance.plist and reloading the widget worked! Thank you very much. What I think is strange is that this happened with both of my computers, one is a G4 and the other is a MacBook Pro, and that you apparently did not have anyone else having that problem. So, it must have been something about the way that I had my computers set up. Oh well, I am glad that it is fixed. Again, thanks.

Don Ruhl

@Don

I don't think it's your setup. The widget can be tempermental. Almost every other time I try to cite a passage it will tell me NIV isn't available, even though the text chosen in the widget is ESV and I've never had NIV installed with Accordance. Sometimes, though, just closing the widget and relaunching it seems to cure the problem, withtout throwing away the preference.

Regards,

My widget on a fairly regular basis does not do anything when I type a reference in. It acts like it pasted the text, but dashboard stays up and nothing is copied into my active window. Very strange. A simple work around is to click the "i" to flip the widget to the back and then flipping it over again. Closing and re-launching the widget also is a viable, albeit more time consuming, work around.

• 4 weeks later...
My widget on a fairly regular basis does not do anything when I type a reference in. It acts like it pasted the text, but dashboard stays up and nothing is copied into my active window. Very strange. A simple work around is to click the "i" to flip the widget to the back and then flipping it over again. Closing and re-launching the widget also is a viable, albeit more time consuming, work around.

I used that work around and it indeed worked. Then I saw that there was a new version of Accordance (7.2.1) and was hoping that the problem was fixed, but I am still having the same problem on both my G4 and my MacBook Pro. However, the work around does work.

Don Ruhl

Archived