What do I start with????

Walter Colace

I need some input. I am a pastor who prepares daily. I've been a PC user all my life and just swithced to Mac (at the request of my seminary professor) and thrilled about it. I need help on choosing Accordance software to begin with. I've been using Logos for the last 5 years and I like the program, the new stuff makes it easier to do original langauage study without being proficient in it. The budget I can begin with is about $500 dolars. I sent a message to Helen for help and any other insight i can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Walter

I'd recommend starting with the Standard Bundle. It comes will the Scholar's Standard and Library Standard packages. That will get you all the original language texts you'll need to start and a wealth of English Bibles and other resources. It will also leave you about $120 to put toward a graphics package or other resources you might want to add. Here's a link to the bundle: Standard Bundle Hope this helps!

I'd recommend starting with the Standard Bundle. It comes will the Scholar's Standard and Library Standard packages. That will get you all the original language texts you'll need to start and a wealth of English Bibles and other resources. It will also leave you about $120 to put toward a graphics package or other resources you might want to add. Here's a link to the bundle: Standard Bundle Hope this helps!

Rob, thank you for this info! This helps a great deal. Walter

I need some input. I am a pastor who prepares daily. I've been a PC user all my life and just swithced to Mac (at the request of my seminary professor) and thrilled about it. I need help on choosing Accordance software to begin with. I've been using Logos for the last 5 years and I like the program, the new stuff makes it easier to do original langauage study without being proficient in it. The budget I can begin with is about $500 dolars. I sent a message to Helen for help and any other insight i can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Walter

In addition to Rob's suggestions, if you are working with the original languages, I strongly recommend the BDAG/HALOT bundle.

John Fidel

Robb's suggestion of the Standard Bundle is an excellent one.

If your primary English translation is the NIV, you might want to consider using some of your remaining budget on a package that would get you the NIV-G/K, which is a keyed text. The G/K numbers function similarly to Strong's numbers, giving you access to the underlying Greek and Hebrew. With Accordance 8, you can now hover the mouse over a word in a keyed English text in one pane and the corresponding Greek or Hebrew word in another pane will be highlighted. (Or vice versa)

If I'm reading the website correctly, the only current package including the NIV-G/K is Zondervan's Essential Bible Study Suite. It used to be available with the NIDNTTE and the NIDOTTE, but it looks like that is no longer the case.

The other keyed English texts (KJVS, ESVS, and NAS95S) are already part of the Standard Bundle.

Note that you can get the regular (not keyed) NIV as one of the Bible unlocks that is part of the Standard Bundle.

Lorinda

In addition to Rob's suggestions, if you are working with the original languages, I strongly recommend the BDAG/HALOT bundle.

John Fidel

Thank you John, I'[m going to check it out right now. This information sure helps and i appreciate your time.

Robb's suggestion of the Standard Bundle is an excellent one.

If your primary English translation is the NIV, you might want to consider using some of your remaining budget on a package that would get you the NIV-G/K, which is a keyed text. The G/K numbers function similarly to Strong's numbers, giving you access to the underlying Greek and Hebrew. With Accordance 8, you can now hover the mouse over a word in a keyed English text in one pane and the corresponding Greek or Hebrew word in another pane will be highlighted. (Or vice versa)

If I'm reading the website correctly, the only current package including the NIV-G/K is [http://www.accordancebible.com/products/packages/details.php?ID=388]Zondervan's Essential Bible Study Suite[/url]. It used to be available with the NIDNTTE and the NIDOTTE, but it looks like that is no longer the case.

The other keyed English texts (KJVS, ESVS, and NAS95S) are already part of the Standard Bundle.

Note that you can get the regular (not keyed) NIV as one of the Bible unlocks that is part of the Standard Bundle.

Lorinda

This sounds great too, Lorinda. Thank you for checking that out, I'm going to look at it right now.

Walter

Archived