Maqqef

tks454

Is it still impossible to search for maqqefs or cantillation marks? If so, are there any plans to allow for this in the future?

This has been possible for sometime, unless you are speaking of the iOS version or the Windows (of which I am not sure).

You can search for any single character by entering a period followed by that character. You can specify that the character is attached to a specific word (or other criteria) using the @ sign. So, for example, if you wanted adam with an atnah you would enter adm@. and the atnah.

• 2 months later...

Is it still impossible to search for maqqefs or cantillation marks? If so, are there any plans to allow for this in the future?

I am pretty sure Accordance has been able to do this since version 4.0. Okay, I am no expert on Cantillation Marks but here is how I'd go about it in the current version of Accordance. Open a Hebrew text, and a construct search window. Then place a character box into one of the columns in the construction search window. Open the Characters palette and choose the Maqqef mark. Then search:

post-31817-0-00644200-1388297328_thumb.png

Now, if you'd like to search for construction with more than one maqqef do the following:

post-31817-0-80206300-1388297348_thumb.png

And, if you're looking for words in conjunction with the Maqqef try:

post-31817-0-33292100-1388299209_thumb.png