Double Spaces?

jarcher

I've noticed that when I copy and paste text from Accordance that it often has two spaces between words. Is this a problem with the text and how can it be corrected?

Thanks,

Jeremy

My guess is that the test you are using has superscript characters to refer to footnotes, such as the ESV, and that you are suppressing them when you view the text. The way that Accordance suppresses them is to replace them with spaces, and these remain when you copy and paste the text.

The only way to avoid this is to display the superscript characters in the text, and select Copy as No Superscript (option-command-C). This will give you the text without the extra characters or spaces.

Yep, that was it! Thanks for the (as usual) great support.

Jeremy

• 2 years later...

Hi Helen,

Is there a possibility of getting Copy as No Superscript to not pick up the spaces when superscripts are suppressed? I don't use the superscripts in the ESV text window, and it's not ideal to have to remove double spaces from pasted text.

Thanks.

I just tested it, and when you Copy as No Superscript (from the submenu) there are no double spaces, whether you are displaying the superscripts or not. It is working correctly as far as superscripts are concerned. You would need to check whether you have other formatting that is leaving a double space.

Oh great! Thanks, Helen.

Sorry, I didn't check because you had said, "The only way to avoid this is to display the superscript characters in the text, and select Copy as No Superscript."

Next time I'll check first and save you the trouble.

Thanks again.

Archived