What are the supported KEY number wildcard syntaxes ?

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Given the testing on the two related threads (http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10035 and http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10036) here I am prompted to ask what are the supported wildcards for use in KEY number queries ? I have scoured the documentation and cannot find indication of any support, yet some few cases do work. It seems primarily that the form "[KEY G134?(valid numbers)]" works. You can use a variety of delimiters like , or - or underscore in some cases - you do not appear to be able to use space. You are able to express G1341 G1344 in compact syntax "[KEY G134?(14)]". But there appears from all my tests to be no range character, so one cannot express 3-7 for example.

Thx

D

Yes, I would be interested too. I noticed that * also works (i.e. [KEY G13*] seems to search for G13, G130-139, G1300-1399.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to know this as well.

Randy

To answer your question (sorry I didn't get to the other threads earlier!) there are a couple of points:

1) Due to a bug (fixed in 10.2.1 now!) any invalid syntaxes *inside* of a KEY command were causing a crash.

2) Due to another bug (also fixed in 10.2.1!) ranges of characters didn't work inside of a KEY command.

However, ignoring points (1) and (2), all wildcard syntax is supported inside of a KEY command, and follows our normal wildcard rules. The documentation for wildcard syntax is found in the Accordance Help, at: Biblical Research and Analyses > Search Criteria > Searches Using Symbols

I hope this helps! 10.2.1 is just around the corner, FYI.

Thanx Joel.

Wow, this is fantastic. You guys are just amazing!

Randy

That is cool. Thanks.

Don't suppose that can/could be done for verse searches or ranges....

Ken's idea sounds nice!

Randy is right on about service - accordance is top!

Edited by RobS