Accordance brings me back to Gen 1:1 when I click on the user note's icon

Guntis

Accordance 10.4:

I open Phil 2:12 which has a user note. I click on its icon, user note pane is open at the bottom of the screen, but the Bible text in the upper pane is scrolled way back to Gen 1:1…

And although I still have Phil 2:12 in the search field at the top, clicking there and pressing Enter doesn't bring me back to Phil 2:12.

I have to change verse number to initiate Go To. And when Accordance opens Phil 2:11, it doesn't display user note icon unless I start scrolling or click in the text.

P.S. Could you please use better icon for the user note editing? Current one (pencil) looks too much Windows PC-like…

Edited by Guntis

On the pencil Icon thing I rather like it, and its handy that its the same (or very similar) in both platforms if you use both, which I do.

Thx

D

On the pencil Icon thing I rather like it, and its handy that its the same (or very similar) in both platforms if you use both, which I do.

Thx

D

I agree that it can be handy (although I disabled it because I didn't like how it appears and disappears, sometimes chaotically), but I don't like how it looks. It reminds me cheap Windows 95 icons. Mac deserves something more :) For that reason I have disabled all custom icons in the highlighter set. They all look ugly and are too small to be useful.

Are you guys talking about the little yellow pencil that appears in the right margin when i hover over a word in a Text? I have been puzzling regarding what that icon is for? I.e what is it supposed to tell me? Searched help but couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks!

Randy

Here's my take on the pencil icon. Instead of a pencil, I'd suggest «plus» sign, to signify that it's about adding new note, not editing.

post-634-0-24628200-1394389511_thumb.png

• Like 1

Perhaps this would be even better…

post-634-0-42003100-1394395672_thumb.png

• Like 1

Guntis - I'm unable to reproduce your issue that it jumps to Gen 1:1. Could you perhaps post a screenshot of your workspace before the jump? From what I understand, you ran a search for Phil 2:12 in the top entry box. And then you clicked on the notepad icon, such that your notes pane was displayed, but everything scrolled to Gen 1:1?

Here's video how it happens. First time today it didn't happen. Second time it did.

[link removed]

By the way, when I am back at Gen 1:1, when I place cursor in the search field where there is still Phil 2:12 and press Enter, nothing happens. Accordance doesn't bring me back to Phil 2:12 but stays at Gen 1:1. I have to change Bible reference at least by one verse to get back. Also Back button in the lower right corner doesn't help, it just scrolls commentaries to Gen 1:1.

Edited by Guntis

Thanks for the video, Guntis. I believe we've found the issue, so this should be resolved in 10.4.1.

Thanks for the video, Guntis. I believe we've found the issue, so this should be resolved in 10.4.1.

Thanks! I will remove that video, OK?