Easier Sermon Note taking and Indexed Bookmarks & Highlights

William Cross

Request,

I see taking Sermon Notes in Accordance as incredibly valuable for building a running commentary of sorts within Accordance that enhances the study of God's Word pushes the user deeper into the text.

1. Better interface for Taking Notes during a Sermon that indexes notes based a folder or title like a User Tool.

Allowing a quick switch back and forth between Bible Text and Note as you follow along with the sermon.

Since you cannot have two windows open at once if I am tracking along with a sermon in Accordance, and the pastor sites a cross-reference passage that makes an important point, I want to be able to hold my place where I am, jump to the corresponding passage, read it, hit a button and jump right to my edit window, type in a thought or point and then hit that same button and jump right back to the text I was just reading. This will allow me to stay in the game without getting lost in the process.

The problem now is, if I am creating a note that is tied to a specific verse and I have jumped to another verse to relates to this text, there is no simple way to then add a thought or point without trying to navigate back to the original verse, click on the verse reference, choose User Note, pick the My Notes file, paste in the reference from the relating verse and then start typing. This way too difficult and clunky.

2. Indexed Bookmarks and Highlights like iBooks would be super helpful in Study. The index link would allow you to jump right to the specific mark or highlight.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, not only do I want easier method for making sermon notes, I want to then use my iPad when giving my talk. Currently I have to copy and paste everything into 'notes'.

I can see the value of making notes for verses but with iOs, things have moved on and we really should have an alternative for making notes on iPads. I am happy to continue using notes when I attend a conference, but having the ability to take notes on a talk or sermon notes within the app would be a benefit. Especially as I could arrange it for the reference should a discussion go that way (yes the services are interactive) as well has having the main structure and references easily available for the sermon.

Currently I have liturgy and my music on the iPad, but I have to switch between 2 apps for the talk. I do not believe that I am the only person who uses iOS for delivering a service.

• 4 months later...

Have to beg for this feature: EASIER NOTE TAKING AND INDEXED BOOKMARKS, HIGHLIGHTS AND NOTES

I just posted today in "Page turning" forum about how Tecarta's Zondervan NIV Study Bible does page turning (it incorporated all that everyone's clamouring- swipe or tap to turn page, scrolling the whole page down in Study mode and animated page turning like a real book).

In this forum, I also want to use Tecarta's Zondervan NIV Study Bible's EASIER NOTE TAKING AND INDEXED BOOKMARKS, HIGHLIGHTS AND NOTES as an example. VERY ORGANIZED and USER FRIENDLY! In a tab, there's a well organised bar where Notes, Bookmarks, Margin Notes, Highlights and Folders reside. You can easily add a Note by tapping the "+" icon. This is very useful for note taking without being linked in a verse. Your notes are also searchable. Very NEAT!