Downloading stalls

Julia Falling

My husband has upgraded from Bible Study to Essential. The first few modules downloaded very quickly just as we would expect — we have fast service. However, the process has stalled while downloading Altitude data. Slow as in might finish up sometime tomorrow.

Question – Since we both legally own the Atlas & Timeline, is there some way to move these large files from one of my computers to his and get them installed so we can get his new Collection functional?

Help!

Sorry for the hassles. You can certainly copy files from user/Library/Application Support/Accordance to the same location, and try to open them in Accordance. If they are registered to him, they should open OK. For the Atlas and Timeline you also need the settings files from Preferences.

We are actively working on a new server, we are as fed up with the current one as you are.

Thanks, Helen. I did move the larger files and continued to download. Then it would stall, give me the option of installing what had downloaded. Said OK. That happened at least three times. Downloading was complete sometime after 9 PM. Yep, time to look at servers!

On the positive side, could it be that there is just more demand and that explains the slowness?

• 2 weeks later...

Had problems with downloading last night as well. Stalled several times. I was able to download some things and install them and they download and install the rest later. Could be server issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Had problems with downloading last night as well. Stalled several times. I was able to download some things and install them and they download and install the rest later. Could be server issues.

How did you install the partial download. I get about half way through the download when I get a notice that the internet connection is not available. When I check where the dl'ed files are stored, I see zip files and can unzip the modules but don't know how to get Accordance to find the files and load them into the library.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can simply double-click the files and Accordance will copy them to the correct location, install and open them.

Finally resorted to giving customer service a call. After discussing the issue, it was by general concurrence that something was messed up either with the OS or my copy of Accordance. But finally got some relief for key modules I was wanting to use and will have to wait for the new server to be up for the rest. I can wait.

Thanks to Mr. Mitchum for his kind help.

John

Glad our stellar customer support peeps were able to help!