2nd Aorist

ryangeer

How come if I do the following search: anabainw@ [VERB 2aorist imperative] - I get the "no verses" message? This is a 2nd aorist verb, right? If I remove the "2" it returns results fine - what am I missing?

Sorry, we recently discovered this new bug in Accordance, and I can confirm that it is already fixed for the next update which should be released in a matter of days.

My bad. There is no bug on this search. Several verbs do occur in the 2aorist imperative, but not αναβαινω. It has only aorist forms, not second aorist.

My bad. There is no bug on this search. Several verbs do occur in the 2aorist imperative, but not αναβαινω. It has only aorist forms, not second aorist.

The odd thing is, αναβαινω is listed as a 2aorist in Mounce, Basics of Biblical Greek, p397 and in Stevens, New Testament Greek, (see table 34.21 and the paragraph below it). Yet, all the instances that αναβαινω occurs in the aorist tense it is tagged as 'aorist' instead of '2aorist.'

The odd thing is, αναβαινω is listed as a 2aorist in Mounce, Basics of Biblical Greek, p397 and in Stevens, New Testament Greek, (see table 34.21 and the paragraph below it). Yet, all the instances that αναβαινω occurs in the aorist tense it is tagged as 'aorist' instead of '2aorist.'

In my experience, the tag for 2Aor wasn't there at the beginning.

It was added later as an improvement to such modules as GNT-T, which are the most used. Some others don't support it.

I checked GNT-T: βαινω and its compounds should have the tag and it hasn't. It was probably missed when the new tag was added.

I will send a note so that it can be fixed.

Archived