Help using the Details & Concordance features

Mike Thigpen

Is there any way to constrain the concordance generated in the Details? Here's the scenario:

I've performed a Contents search to identify all the lemmas from a set of texts in a reference list.

Using the Details & Analysis options I can see all of those lemmas.

Now I'd like to see in which of the texts in the reference list each of these lemmas occurs. However the Concordance appears to show the lemma through out the whole of the Hebrew text, not the specific passages which had been searched. Short of running a Contents search with each lemma individually, can the Concordance function be constrained to accomplish such a task? If not, is there another search command I'm missing that would generate this kind of data?

I hope this is clear. I can post additional detail if needed. The volume of texts I have to work with make the option of searching with each lemma very, very unattractive.

Thanks,

Mike

The only way to limit the concordance is to display the hits only within the range you are searching, so this will not work directly on the results of a Contents search in a Reference list. However it should be easy to create a special range. You would select all the verses in the Reference list, copy as References, and simply paste into the definition of a new range that you create. There is a limit on the length of this string, so you may need to make more than one range.

Now run your search using this range in the pop-up menu, and you can limit the concordance to the range of verses.

Thanks! I didn't think about making a range from the references. I think, even if I need more than one range, that will work.

I really appreciate the help.

Mike

Archived