Which Version of NET Notes?

Brett K.

I thought Accordance had the latest version of the full notes. I'm using module version 4.0.

But I was just discussing Ps 23.4 and someone with a print edition read a note regarding "shadow of death" that does not appear in Accordance's NET notes. There's only one note for Ps 23.4. He has two in the print version.

The NET website only shows the one note like Accordance does.

Has the note been added and Accordance is using an older version or was the note removed from an earlier version and we're using the latest? Does the module have the *full* notes or the abridged notes?

Thanks

--

Brett

Edited by Brett K.

Brett, I think its been removed. If you play around on the NET Bible online there is a link to the old version (right down the bottom "Previous Version". It's an old revision of the website. If you check the notes there there is a second note in note 1 on Ps 23:4 and there are 4 notes in total. Perhaps the old showed the full notes and the new does not. I cannot tell. HEre's a direct link : http://classic.net.bible.org/verse.php?search=Ps%2023:4&book=ps&chapter=23&verse=4#

I don't know which version of the notes Acc uses though.

Thx

D

Thanks for the info. So the question is whether the current NET website (and Accordance) are using abridged notes or were those notes removed in a later version.

The NET bible material says there are 60,932 notes. And Accordance says the module has 60,932 notes. So it seems Accordance should have all the notes. Are the full notes supposed to contain the four notes on Ps 23.4 or were they removed?

Thanks

--

Brett

Accordance has not majorly updated the NET Notes more than once, to my knowledge. We add any corrections that we receive from users, but typically publishers cannot supply a list, so it means we have to redo the entire module if we get a revised version. I don't think they have asked us to do that again.