manual for v7?

Ken Han

Just downloaded version 7. How soon can we expect v.7 manual? I don't think it's posted yet.

By the way, I really like the new website. It looks cleaner.

Ken

No more PDF manuals until I actually can revise the User's Guide. We decided to focus on the Help instead of updating 4 or five documents every time. I will post an updated Keboard shortcuts right now.

Thanks for all the work on the many various pdf manuals, as well as the online articles and blog. Together these incomparable, second-to-none resources are a wonderful help, each in their own way, for helping us to use Accordance more effectively. The blog is a great way to stay fresh and learn new things. The Beginning in Mark articles are a fantastic tutorial for beginners because of their very practical approach. The Accordance Tutorial pdf is also helpful as an intermediate level introduction.

However, here is my main question: I am planning to show my wife and kids how to use Accordance this summer, and maybe demo it for some friends in my church as well. I plan to use the Articles on Beginning in Mark (as well as the demo DVD). Does Allison Brannon have plans to revise the Beginning in Mark articles to incorporate v. 7 changes? If so, would it be possible to also post them as a downloadable pdf for more convenient printing?

PEACE

Kerry

We do plan to edit and format these articles as an Accordance tool for Library 7. We'll take your suggestions into consideration (adding version 7 features and posting it online).

Thanks for giving it a thought. I should have mentioned that I work in a Windows world and use a Mac at home. At work, if I print to our Dell color laser printer from Win XP using IE, the text is truncated on every line. Therefore, color prints are unusable. This might be a printer driver issue or whatever (I'm not saying the web design is faulty, and it occurred before the recent re-design as well as currently). But in any case, consistent printing is what pdfs are for, so that is why I would enjoy having the option of printable pdfs for substantial online resources like the articles. (Printable pdfs could also include the larger screenshots.) Also, I personally like the convenience of printing the helps and manuals, both for my own private browsing and for teaching handouts, and I frequently look over them at odd times when my computer is not handy. So thanks for considering it. :)

PEACE

Kerry

• 4 months later...

Not started on it yet, sorry! Updated information is found in each edition of the Help files.

Not started on it yet, sorry! Updated information is found in each edition of the Help files.

Geez, you act like you actually need to sleep sometimes! :-)

Thanks for all your hard work, v7 is really nice.

Joel

Archived