lost NIV Commentary file

Eutychus

I started update for NIV Commentary -- from 1.2 to 1.3. But instead of updating, I get the message "Where is the 'NIV Commentary' text?" Right now workspaces I often use won't open because they always come up with the same message. What happened? How can I recover the text?

The question is, what happens when you navigate to Modules/Tools in that dialog. Is the NIV Commentary there or not? If it is, can you select it or is it dimmed?

• If you can select it, do so.
  • If it is dimmed, go back to the Library tab, remove the module, then use Add module in the plus sign menu to add it back.
  • If it is not there, go back to the Library tab, remove the module, then use Easy Install to download a fresh copy.

This advice should work any time Accordance cannot find a module, except for older modules that have been superseded. For example, if you cannot find KJV, use KJVS instead (but this is difficult to change on saved workspaces).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar situation, so I went to add IVP-Jesus & The Gospels back and its in the folder but they are all greyed out and won't let me.

1 How did it get lost in the first place

2. What now?

Thanks

We have reported the fix to this several times on the Forums. The problem arises for occasional users when a module is updated to the new .text or .tool format, but Accordance doesn't properly link to the old module. The solution is posted above.