Samaritan Pentateuch translation by Benyamim Tsedaka

Peter Brylov Christensen

I know that the Accordance team is swamped at the moment both with the Accordance 11 upgrade and the compatibility issues with OSX Yosemite, so there'll be plenty of important work to do before you can deal with requests again - but I was wondering if you would consider/are considering getting a license for the recently published "The Israelite Samaritan Version of the Torah: First English Translation Compared with the Masoretic Version" by Benyamim Tsedaka. It's a pioneer work in many regards, and it would be a great addition to the Accordance library!

With kind regards

Pchris

• Like 3

Looks interesting.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more! The Samaritan Pentateuch receives little attention in Biblical scholarship compared to the other versions of the Old Testament - even the Peshitta has a bigger spot in the limelight, which is saying quite a lot, so the making of this translation is a step in the right direction.

Edited by Pchris

• 10 months later...

I am also interested in studying the Samaritan Pentateuch. I want to purchase Accordance's Samaritan Pentateuch (Hebrew, Tagged) but I would find it very difficult to read without an English translation alongside it. For this reason I would like to echo the request of Pchris 

Oh yeah, I remember now! I wonder if there's been any progress..

Working on licensing it. No progress report at present, though.

I agree it is invaluable for those who work in the area.

Thanks for the interest!

• Like 2

A must have!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I agree.  I would love to have this translation for the Samaritan Pentateuch.  Thank you, Accordance team!