I need some serious help, as something is seriously wrong with my Macbook Pro (2.8GHz C2D, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.3, fully updated as of last night). Of course, this is the machine I do my sermons on, need it tonight for my son's birthday party, and we project from it on Sunday mornings. I don't know what the problem is, and I don't know how to fix it.
- When dragging a file (say a video clip to a project in iMovie, or a Pages file into Safari to upload into iCloud), the program hangs up. The translucent image of the file or clip follows the mouse ~everywhere~. The only way to switch out of the program that's stuck is cmd-tab, and a force close is the only way I've found to clear the hangup.
- In Accordance, when I click on the Translation, Reference or Notes icon to add them to a Zone I'm working in, the menu drops down, but when I click my selection, the menu disappears but nothing happens. clicking again causes the menu to toggle on and off. triple-clicking (or more) somewhere else finally releases the mouse from that menu. But other than toggling, the menu is nonfunctional.
- In full-screen mode, in any app (iMovie, Safari, Pages, etc), the top menu bar will not come into view, even when the mouse is moved to the top of the screen.
- Last night I ran Onyx, repaired my HD, repaired permissions on the drive, rebooted, etc. Nothing.
- Today I tried deleting com.apple.desktop.plist, com.apple.finder.plist, and com.apple.LaunchServices.plist. No changes.
Edited by David Garrison, 13 April 2012 - 09:16 AM.