Searching the Blog

Alan Kurschner

How does one search specifically the blog? I entered a topic in the search box which resulted in scores of non-blog pages.

I want to find out how I can switch my instant details lexicon to BDAG. Apparently V. 10 switched it to some default Greek dictionary.

Also, I am trying to disable the ESVS Key words in my instant details and cannot find out how to do this. I tried going to the instant detail preferences but that did not work either.

Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

Alan

How does one search specifically the blog? I entered a topic in the search box which resulted in scores of non-blog pages.

I want to find out how I can switch my instant details lexicon to BDAG. Apparently V. 10 switched it to some default Greek dictionary.

Also, I am trying to disable the ESVS Key words in my instant details and cannot find out how to do this. I tried going to the instant detail preferences but that did not work either.

Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

Alan

Searching the forum: the default is to search the topic you are in; if you click that part of the box (upper right) you can change to "this forum," "all forums," and other options. That may help you get what you want. "All forums" is probably what you want.

Go to the library window and make sure BDAG is the first dictionary in the "Greek Tools" folder in the Tools section.

As for disabling ESV Key words, I am not sure. I tried unchecking all the key number option boxes in the ID preference pain and it balked, saying at least one has to be checked. Your request may not be possible, but I will defer to others.

Hope this helps.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your response. As far as searching, I am interested in searching the blog, not the forum.

In terms of changing the dictionary, I thought as well that one has to make the first dictionary in the Greek tools the one that you want. But that does does not work for me. BDAG is the first one, but not for the BDAG.

In terms of of the ESV key words, that clutter for me, so hoping I can turn that off :)

thanks again for your time.

The blog hosts an array of information, but both of your queries are best directed to either the forums or even more so Accordance Help in the Menu.

As for the ESVS Key Words, did you try the Preferences > Instant Details > Key Numbers? You should be able to select what you want to appear in Instant Details through those selections.

Sorry that I misread your first request. I do not know if there is a good way to search the blog. Perhaps David Lang can weigh in.

If I understand the last request, it is to totally disable the key number display. I tried to do that but Instant Detail in preferences will not allow all Key Number boxes to be unchecked.

We'll be adding searching of the blog and other pages to our new search engine. Sorry that progress is slower than we hoped.

To get your 'top' language dictionary to come up in instant details you need to press cmd. If you press cmd-click it brings up the floating palette and displays the whole article which you can scroll down.

• 3 months later...

I too would like to search the Blog as I need more indepth help and it is too hard for me on the forums to state the question using the right slang. But with Lang I get a type of tutorial.

Hi Steve,

Don't be concerned about the slang. Just post and we'll help you figure it out. By all means use the blog as well, but we love helping out on the forums.

You could send me a personal message as well if you'd like to talk over an issue off the boards and I'll help if I can.

To send a PM you can reply to the PM I just sent you, or you can click on my picture and there's a button over on the right that says "send me a message"

Our website search engine is about to be updated with the ability to search for blog articles, webpages, etc. That should help people find helpful blog articles.