keyword search question

Txshell

I performed a keyword search and found the verse I wanted to read, but it seemed I couldn't click the verse or do anything to the verse to have it open it up to read the context. How do you do this in Accordance? It seems like a basic function, so I'm sure I'm missing something. :unsure: I don't think I would have to manually go to that spot to read the verse in context. I did see that you can have results returned with more than that one verse, but what do you do to have it take it you to the full text / Bible to read it in there?

For example, if I search on biblestudytools.com and find the verse I want, I click "read it in context" or "read this chapter" and it takes me to the full text. Does Accordance do this?

Thanks for your help.

Try using the 'context slider'; you can move it from 0 > A to view the amount of context you want.

post-5629-0-66910400-1383335099_thumb.png

If you want to read it in context in another zone, leaving your search results as they are, you can also right-click (or, on a Mac, control-click or two-finger click) and choose "Look Up" and then "Context." If you do this a lot, you might want to add the context icon to the toolbar.

• Like 1