want my default dictionary to be HALOT-BDAG

Jonna Schmidt

Hi, this is probably very basic, but here is my problem. I don't know Greek or Hebrew, so after purchasing BDAG and HALOT modules (which are VERY VERY HELPFUL), I want those to be my default dictionaries for Greek and Hebrew "triple clicks". I thought that by dragging these resources to the top of the library pane, that would make these two resources my default when I triple click. I am still getting the NAS Greek and NAS Hebrew respectively. Since I don't know Greek or Hebrew, it is a real pain to then enter the greek/Hebrew term into BDAG and HALOT. Is there a way to resolve the problem such that BDAG is my default Greek dictionary (when I triple click) and HALOT is my default (when I triple click)? Thanks for any help. I went through the help sections, but I must be missing something very basic, anyway, I appreciate any help.

I'm afraid you cannot set up BDAG and HALOT as the defaults for a triple-click from a Key number text. These translations always link to their own Key dictionary. Triple-click to other Greek and Hebrew dictionaries only works from the original texts themselves. here's what you can do:

• Purchase the original texts which are fully parsed, and will cross-highlight with your keyed texts, and triple-click from there.
    or
  • Option-amplify from a word selection in a keyed text to your chosen lexicon (no need to type in the search term).
    or
  • Triple-click the keyed text to get the Key dictionary then triple-click the original word given to open your top lexicon.

I trust this is helpful.

I'm afraid you cannot set up BDAG and HALOT as the defaults for a triple-click from a Key number text. These translations always link to their own Key dictionary. Triple-click to other Greek and Hebrew dictionaries only works from the original texts themselves. here's what you can do:

• Purchase the original texts which are fully parsed, and will cross-highlight with your keyed texts, and triple-click from there.
    or
  • Option-amplify from a word selection in a keyed text to your chosen lexicon (no need to type in the search term).
    or
  • Triple-click the keyed text to get the Key dictionary then triple-click the original word given to open your top lexicon.

I trust this is helpful.

The third option here will probably be the most effective without purchasing anything. Option-amplify is the fewest number of steps, but often times there are multiple words for a key number and they all may not be in the title/entry field of the lexicon, and Acc will act like there aren't any hits.

Here's a couple screen shots to illustrate:

post-5629-127455467682_thumb.png post-5629-127455478659_thumb.png post-5629-127455468986_thumb.png

or
    or

I trust this is helpful.

thanks, that works extremely well. Both options actually work very well. Even though I do not read Greek or Hebrew, I have those texts and even have them open, and I see that by triple-clicking in a Hebrew or Greek text, HALOT or BDAG opens. I also tried your option which works great. Thank!

Archived