What are all the ESV's?

David Foster

I was just wanted to make sure that I'm using the right ESV on my iOS devices.

The app of course came with ESVi (with Strongs) preloaded... but on the easy install list I see that there is the option of another ESVi (with Strongs) and the regular ESVS.

So my question is, am I correct in simply using the ESVi that was already installed on the iOS app and ignore the other two ESVs in the Easy Install list?

Sorry for wasting your time with this type of question, it's been bothering me for a while so I thought I would ask!

I use the ESVS that I purchased. The ESVSi is the free iOS version for those who don't own Accordance. I deleted the ESVSi. They're identical in content, however, so it really doesn't matter which you delete.

I would use the ESVS since it is cross-platform and all highlights will sync between iOS <=> Mac.

The ESVi is the identical text to the ESVS but bundled with the iOS app. We changed the name because it is licensed for free specifically for iOS and cannot be transferred to one of the desktop apps.

Thanks Rick, so I've been using the ESVi that was preinstalled, and my highlights are in it... but you think I should delete it and install the ESVS? And all my highlights will be transferred over?

Both verse and word highlights for the ESVi and ESVS are interchangeable in the iOS app. So highlights made in one will be displayed in the other.

removed comment because wrong

Edited by Steve King