iPhone voice integration with Siri

Joe Weaks

May I be the first to request integration for voice integration with iOS5's new Siri?

"Siri, please read Luke chapter 8, verses 1 thru 11 in Greek."

I know, I know

May I be the first to request integration for voice integration with iOS5's new Siri?

"Siri, please read Luke chapter 8, verses 1 thru 11 in Greek."

I know, I know

Thanks for helping the cause of keeping the list longer than I can see the end of.

Much love to ya, Scott.

Much love to ya, Scott.

[Chuckle] Way to go, Joe! You are fast. I just finished reading the announcement about Siri and here you are requesting the feature already!

Think we'll ever get to the point where we say, "Siri, please prepare an expository sermon on Matt. 3 from a moderate Reformed perspective using Accordance, suggesting a worship service mingling traditional anthems with two choruses from the 80s."?

Think we'll ever get to the point where we say, "Siri, please prepare an expository sermon on Matt. 3 from a moderate Reformed perspective using Accordance, suggesting a worship service mingling traditional anthems with two choruses from the 80s."?
No.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Another discussion caused me to see if there have been any updates regarding Siri integration and I haven't found any. This became technically possible a decade ago.
With the Siri shortcuts now available along with the URI protocol, adding even a basic verse lookup should be a lower-hanging fruit than ever before. 

Any update on voice lookup on iOS?

Edited by Joe Weaks

7 hours ago, jlm said:

Well, you can use a simple shortcut …

Yes, you can see upstream where I wrote them in 2018. It only illustrates the need for actual Siri kit. :) 

I absolutely concur with this. Please add this!

• Like 1