Tracking 9.0 Bugs and Resolutions

circuitrider

I'm very excited about the 9.0 release, the new features look great. Upgrading is inevitable for me but I am not ready quite yet. The reason I am not ready is because of the plethora of bugs that appear to be in the initial releases. I understand these kind of issues arise in major upgrades and appreciate Accordance aggressively solving them.

Trying to track the bugs and their resolutions has proven daunting. It is quite time consuming to read every bug thread and follow through to the end. This leads me to a request:

Would it be possible and/or feasible for the Accordance staff to create a sticky thread that lists reported 9.0 bugs and when they have been resolved? To be able and look and see at a glance that most bugs have been resolved will give me the courage to jump up to 9.0. There may be others out there also waiting for the waters to calm a bit.

Thanks!

Would it be possible and/or feasible for the Accordance staff to create a sticky thread that lists reported 9.0 bugs and when they have been resolved? To be able and look and see at a glance that most bugs have been resolved will give me the courage to jump up to 9.0. There may be others out there also waiting for the waters to calm a bit.

Thanks!

While I can understand some level of trepidation, I would strongly recommend making the leap to version 9.0.3. There have been some bugs reported but they do not appear to be widespread. 9.0.3 is very stable.

While I can understand some level of trepidation, I would strongly recommend making the leap to version 9.0.3. There have been some bugs reported but they do not appear to be widespread. 9.0.3 is very stable.

For whatever it's worth, I have had no issues to speak of at all, very stable.

Rusty+

I posted a list of the bugs corrected in 9.0.3.

Thank you, Helen!

Widespread is the impression I was gathering, iIt is good to know that is not the case.

For whatever it's worth, I have had no issues to speak of at all, very stable.

Rusty+

Fr. Rusty, that is what I wanted to hear!

Any other encouraging words out there?

Yes, I can say that my experience with 9.0 has been all good. I was in your shoes (trepidation) for a week or so, and then jumped in the fray. Nothing bad to report.

Tom Wagler

Thank you, Helen!

Widespread is the impression I was gathering, iIt is good to know that is not the case.

Fr. Rusty, that is what I wanted to hear!

Any other encouraging words out there?

Dear CR: I have no idea how many people have updated to Version 9, but rest assured, it is a huge number.

In my experience, you are seeing very few "bugs" being reported for an update of this magnitude.

Some at this point will always be "dependent", by that I mean some issues will be due to individual computer setups, particular library's, preferences etc.

I would certainly agree with others views that there is no real reason not to move forward, if you have an issue, these folks are really good about getting with you and solving issues should you have one.

Mine seems to be flawless and, amazingly fast.

You couldn't make me give it back-smile.

Hope that helps,

Rusty+

Helen,

I version 9.0.3 but it keeps closing whenever I try to import a New User Tool. I know this is one of bugs that was supposed to be fixed so what am I missing? I keep getting a warning message about copyrighted material. The files I'm trying to import are ones I created. What's going on? Thanks.

I purchased the v 9 upgrade and attempted to download an install. I am now unable to open Accordance. I am getting a message saying Accordance is in my trash. When I moved it back to my Applications, I am still unable to access the program.

Suggestions?

Call tech support and Keith will get you up and running. (407) 339-0266

Sorry, but upgrade issues and file migrations, if they occur, usually need personal help.

I just posted a solution to the Accordance is in the trash problem here.

Hope it helps.

May not be a bug, but Textus Receptus and BHS text displays are not showing in appropriate characters after an Accordance 9.03 upgrade from 8. Letters are replaced with odd symbols. Need some guidance here. Thanks.

Try running the Font Fixer and see if that helps.

Thanks. I downloaded font fixer 8 and it didn't change the display.

I removed the Helena and Yehudit fonts from font book and then reinstalled via the 9.0.3 installer. Working!

Just upgraded. I have only had one bug pop up but cannot replicate it, so that is great!

The new Zones reminds me of my old E-Sword interface which incorporated multiple tabs for different tools, which I really did miss. Zones brings this back and much more, I love it!

Looking forward to the new features that are in works, also.

Archived