Geneva Bible Notes

Robert N

It would be great if the Geneva Bible Notes were available for the Geneva Bible as well as Strong's for the Geneva Bible. It would also be good if each Text Info module for the various Bibles mentioned the edition it was from and the source of the original manuscripts used as well as the translation technique... Formal/Essentially Literal/Word for Word, or Dynamic Equivalence, or Paraphrase. It would also be great if Accordance Supplied a document explaining this information.

We include as much information as we have on each module, in the About the Text dialog in the Accordance menu. Many modules have much more information in various Read me files (in the Read Mes folder). These are compiled into a module on the Primary DVD titled Read Me-Modules, which you can find in the English tools menu.

Sadly some of the older etexts were etexted by volunteers and published with little regard for such documentation, yet it is hardly worth the trouble of re-etexting them.

• 11 months later...

In light of a relative resurgence of the Geneva Bible it might be worth some effort to add the Geneva Notes and Strong's to the Geneva

We include as much information as we have on each module, in the About the Text dialog in the Accordance menu. Many modules have much more information in various Read me files (in the Read Mes folder). These are compiled into a module on the Primary DVD titled Read Me-Modules, which you can find in the English tools menu.

Sadly some of the older etexts were etexted by volunteers and published with little regard for such documentation, yet it is hardly worth the trouble of re-etexting them.

In light of a relative resurgence of the Geneva Bible it might be worth some effort to add the Geneva Notes and Strong's to the Geneva

Geneva notes could be added to a notes tool as a group project among those who might be interested, and after combining the group effort into one tool, it could be submitted to the Accordance Exchange for everyone to download who wanted it.

Well I have started this, but it is going to take me a LONG time... it would go faster if a group of those interested each took a book and there was some way to merge each person's effort into a single notes file. Is there a way to merge multiple notes files?

There is another problem with the Notes method you suggest. The placement of the superscript or subscripts indicating the portion of the verse the Notes refer to is not possible. Therefore I becomes necessary to add the text with the note location indicator so this information can be communicated.

Here are examples of the Accordance Geneva bible text and the note text.

Accordance Geneva Bible:

Genesis 3:15 I wil also put enimitie betweene thee and the woman, and betweene thy seede and her seede. He shall breake thine head, and thou shalt bruise his heele.

Geneva Notes User Notes Tool I am attempting to begin to produce:

Gen. 3:15

3:15 And I will put enmity between {o} thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy {p} head, and thou shalt {q} bruise his heel.

(o) He chiefly means Satan, by whose action and deceit the serpent deceived the woman.

(p) That is, the power of sin and death.

(q) Satan shall sting Christ and his members, but not overcome them.

You'll notice that there are 3 notes for this verse and I need to include the verse in the notes in order to accurately convey which portion of the verse each specific note applies to.

I noticed that when I change verses in the Geneva text window the User Notes window does NOT automatically adjust to the notes for that verse. They to not appear to be synchronized. Is there a way to make them synchronize?

I would also like to ask how much it would cost to fund the project to have the Geneva Notes imbedded in the text as a user selectable option as well as to have the more contemporary version of the Geneva Bible's text added to the modules (this newer Geneva text seems to replace words like "wil" with "will" and "enimitie" with "enmity" and "betweene" with between" and so on?

Geneva notes could be added to a notes tool as a group project among those who might be interested, and after combining the group effort into one tool, it could be submitted to the Accordance Exchange for everyone to download who wanted it.

I am wondering if there is a way to include non-verse reference related sections in User Notes files like a Book Introduction or a Title Page?

Archived