New Releases and Introductory Specials

Helen Brown

There is one of the new releases today that everyone should buy. The Views that have Vanished is an awesome package and priced aggressively. I have owned the set for about 5 years and used it to illustrate the value of ongoing archaeological digs (cf. Beth Shean then and now), and how some sites have become obscured by modern buildings (Peter's house at Capernaum). Having this resource in Accordance greatly enhances its value with the search capabilities. For those of us who lead tours to the Bible Lands it allows us to show people how things used to look before so much of the modern modifications took place.

I just purchased Views that Have Vanished. Some thoughts:

1. It would have been nice to see a table of contents or index of included images before the purchase. At $40 the risk was minimal for me, and I purchased it, but may be helpful for others considering purchase.

2. Is there any way you can add GPS info / location tags for these photos? If it can link to Accordance's map module or to Google Maps, that will make this module much more useful. I do not think a pinpoint accuracy is required, maybe just rough locality.

Ken, here is a link that might be helpful. http://www.lifeintheholyland.com/views_vanished_david_bivin_1960s.htm

It would have been nice to see a table of contents or index of included images before the purchase.

• Like 1

Thanks Tony. I found it after I purchased it. I think since that material is so easily available, Accordance should link to it, or incorporate it into their module info page.