Any way to add/update user notes without opening a new window?

Bob Gonzales

I have my user notes set up as a text pane so that it scrolls along with my primary English text. However, every time I want to add or update something in the notes, I get a separate window that's detached from the workspace.

Problem: whenever I click on the workspace in order to copy, cut, and paste or to look up other texts or lexical information, etc., the detached user notes window disappears behind the workspace. This is annoying. I have to use expose to access it again, switching back and forth.

Is there a way in which one can add to, edit, and update the user notes as they appear in the fixed pane of the workspace without having a separate window for the user notes pop up?

Thanks,

There is no other way to do this. Editing is always a separate window. The only way I can think of to keep both the edit screen and your workspace available is to have enough screen space to enable you to have both side by side, or two screens available. Of course the edit window does not follow along with the workspace but I think would move to the verse you want to edit by using cmd-u against that verse.

We can only hope that editing of user notes (and user tools) is improved in a later release.

Meanwhile, you can use the OS X shortcut of command-` to activate various windows of the same application.

Hey - I use the app Expose all the time to get back to the edit window. Instead of cycling through your windows (Cmd-`), it will show them all at once so that you can grab the one you want. For me that is faster because I usually have several Accordance windows open at once.

I only use trackpads now. On the trackpad you pull down with three fingers to separate the windows of a single application from one another (app Expose). If you go to System Preferences>Keyboard and choose the Keyboard Shortcuts tab, you will see that F10 does the same thing. (If you push up with three fingers on a trackpad you can separate windows of different applications and view all your Spaces at once = Mission Control.) I use Spaces, and Accordance has a dedicated Space. The app Expose works best there, whereas Mission Control (check out your System prefs) might be better if you have several applications open at once and unhidden.

Edited by Julie Falling

Hey -

Here are a few screen shots of my System Prefs. This set-up with a laptop trackpad (or Magic Trackpad when connected to an external monitor) enables me to get from the edit window to whatever Accordance window I want and then back to the edit window quickly. I really like the gestures and find trackpads much easier on my hand and wrist - I haven't had any wrist tenderness since I gave up my mouse.

If you're a keyboard shortcut person -

Hope this makes sense.

Kevin, if this is still muddy, let me know.