Amplify Preferences Option

jarcher

Just a small preferences addition request...

When I have clicked on a word in the display pane of Accordance unknowingly and then go to open a resources from the resources palette Accordance, by design, searches that tool for the word upon which my cursor was set. Usually, when I want to amplify I highlight the text first (usually with a double-click) and then click the resource in the resource palette. As a workaround I find myself clicking (when I remember) in the search box to move my cursor off the display pane so as to eliminate the possibility of accidentally searching the resource.

This may not be a frustration to anyone but me but I'd love to see a preferences option to require highlighting to amplify.

Peace to you all,

Jeremy

Jeremy:

Do I understand correctly that you are wanting to open a particular tool from the resource palette but you do not want it to go to a particular word or verse? If so, one easy way to do this is to hold down the control key when you click on the desired resource.

Try this to see what I mean:

-click in a word in a text pane

-mouse over a tool in the resource palette; you will see the cursor become a magnifying glass

-now hold down the control key; the cursor will become an arrow; if you click now, you will open the resource, but it won't search for the "selected" word.

I can't remember if this works with right-clicking on a two-button mouse; I don't currently have a mouse hooked up to my iBook to check it out.

A preferences setting may still be what you ultimately want, but the control key should be an easier alternative to clicking elsewhere in the window first.

Lorinda

Archived