NIV11 on iOS; I don't own accordance on my mac (yet)

MattJacobs

Hi,

I've downloaded the Accordance app for my iPhone, and I'm keen to get the NIV11 on it.

I don't have Accordance on my Mac - yet.

I've searched through the forums, but haven't really found an answer; is it possible to buy the NIV11 module on the accordance website, and then install it on my iPhone?

Or do I need Accordance on my Mac to do that?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Yes, you can buy any module (almost) and download it directly to the iOS. If you later get Accordance that module will also be available to you there. I highly recommend NIV11-GK with the Key numbers.

• Like 1

Having a tagged text on the iOS makes all the difference in the world. I use the NKJVS as my primary Bible on the iOS and Mac. I have recommended Accordance to all my friends who have just bought an iPad. And my recommendation for their first purchase is a tagged text. I explain to them that Accordance was nice enough to give them the KJV and ESV so they ought to buy at least a tagged text.

I would like to recommend that Accordance aggressively market the tagged texts to new Accordance users on the iOS. I feel confident it would lead on a much larger installed user base on both the iOS and Mac.

Tony Lawrence

But it comes with the tagged ESV, and this was in fact the reason I installed this app over the others. That was before I had accordance for Mac. It made a difference in my decision to buy the desktop program, too.

I have strongs-g/k ties in NRSV ESV NASB NIV NIV11 and KJV of course. Often I use accordance for word studies and am so pleased that parts of the apocrypha are also tagged in the NRSV (i think their goal is for it mostly to be tagged but not sure exactly how much is done or when it will be as complete as they are hoping for, I would assume their goal is to have all books considered deutercanonical in the RC church done but i am not sure, I noticed in Tobit for example it isn't fully tagged but some words are).

-Dan

Edited by DWFrancis

I have strongs-g/k ties in NRSV ESV NASB NIV NIV11 and KJV of course. Often I use accordance for word studies and am so pleased that parts of the apocrypha are also tagged in the NRSV (i think their goal is for it mostly to be tagged but not sure exactly how much is done or when it will be as complete as they are hoping for, I would assume their goal is to have all books considered deutercanonical in the RC church done but i am not sure, I noticed in Tobit for example it isn't fully tagged but some words are).

-Dan

I was actually checking something in the NRSVS yesterday and saw that we had inadvertently released it with portions of the Apocrypha tagged. This was apart of some early testing, but we decided to delay this indefinitely because of the sheer scope of the work. I will probably remove the tags in a future update because they are very incomplete and not really helpful for such a small portion of Tobit.

I was actually checking something in the NRSVS yesterday and saw that we had inadvertently released it with portions of the Apocrypha tagged. This was apart of some early testing, but we decided to delay this indefinitely because of the sheer scope of the work. I will probably remove the tags in a future update because they are very incomplete and not really helpful for such a small portion of Tobit.

Oh sure bust my bubble…. well i know its labelled indefinite… but think it would be good to get it done for catholic brother and sisters…even if it is going to take a few years to get done.

-Dan

Oh sure bust my bubble…. well i know its labelled indefinite… but think it would be good to get it done for catholic brother and sisters…even if it is going to take a few years to get done.

-Dan

Sorry to bust your bubble, just didn't want to give any false expectations (aka vaporware). :)

We definitely agree that it is worthwhile, but we just need to get through some other large-scale projects (GNT/MT Syntax, Syriac OT, Göttingen to name a few) before we take it on.