Are There College/University/Seminary Accordance Courses?

Enoch

I am wondering if anyone offers Accordance 101,

a college credit course, or seminary credit course, maybe as an online distance education course, a comprehensive course on the use of Accordance?

I am not sure that anyone offers credit courses on how to use Accordance. If I am wrong, please someone should correct me.

Enoch, you may want to check these online trainings here and here. You can also check out the these podcasts.

Not that I am aware of, Enoch, but I'd sure like to teach one—or even several!

• Like 1

Not that I am aware of, Enoch, but I'd sure like to teach one—or even several!

I thought I had been taking courses already in Lighting the Lamp University. I have seen every podcast. I was hoping when I got to 200 I would be awarded a certificate. :)

Dr. J., thanks for all that you do!

• Like 2

Hi guys,

While this is not Accordance, this type of patnership may be an avenue Accordance could take up. Ridley College, a theological college in Melbourne Australia, has formed partnership with Logos (I only became aware of this a couple of months ago). The partnership is that the software is supplied free to all 3 and 4 year theolgy degree students. Having said that it, the funding for Logos would come out of a component of the government Fee Help scheme of gov't loans for study), so that the software is paid off in the 3 or 4 year tution peroid. The plus for students is that all their exegesis classes, and other classes will use Logos. This has benefits for Exegesis, as the student uses the programe in class, the idea would be to use the program in clss to demonstrate exegesis. This would be the closest thing to a college coarse that I have heard about.

What I do know from studing at a variety of Theological or Bible Colleges in Sydney, that Accordance, Logos or Bibleworks is represented well and in roughly equal numbers. But the colleges I have attended seem to steer students to Accordance as that is what the staff use.

Just for the record, we also have a number of academic programs that we offer to schools all over the world. Please contact us if you want to help your students acquire Accordance.

• Like 1

I "think" NOBTS offers a course on Accordance if I'm not mistaken. It was one of my professor contacts at NOBTS that introduced me to Accordance and got me interested in the Mac in the first place. He might teach one.

Accordance's webinars and Dr. J's podcasts are excellent though. I got up to speed very fast through them.

I'd like to attend an in-person seminar sometime just to meet other Accordance users and immerse myself in all day training.

And whenever I finally get to start teaching, even if I don't teach an "Accordance 101" class for college credit, you can definitely be assured you'll see me heavily using Accordance in the classroom and throwing in some Bible study tips and tricks to students. :-)

I "think" NOBTS offers a course on Accordance if I'm not mistaken. It was one of my professor contacts at NOBTS that introduced me to Accordance and got me interested in the Mac in the first place. He might teach one.

Accordance's webinars and Dr. J's podcasts are excellent though. I got up to speed very fast through them.

I'd like to attend an in-person seminar sometime just to meet other Accordance users and immerse myself in all day training.

And whenever I finally get to start teaching, even if I don't teach an "Accordance 101" class for college credit, you can definitely be assured you'll see me heavily using Accordance in the classroom and throwing in some Bible study tips and tricks to students. :-)

NOBTS?

A nickname for a strict school where no buts are allowed?

Let's guess "New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary,"

Humorous ideas are coming to my mind.

Edited by Enoch

It is New Orleans Baptist. I always end up doing this, posting abbreviations to colleges and seminaries and have to come back and clarify myself. :-)