Hover Preview

davidtaylorjr

Is there a way to hover over a reference and the reference display without having to open the resource separately?

I am using Accordance 10 for Windows.

Edited by davidtaylorjr

Sure is! You can either open the Instant Details zone (from the Windows menu, or the 'lightning' looking icon in the toolbar) and lots of hover information will be displayed there. You can also 'pop' out the zone to a floating window if you want it separate from your main workspace. Your other option is to alt-click (or click and hold) on the link for the information to pop up.

The main reason we put it in the Instant details, or in the popover, is that we felt having windows constantly appear and disappear as you moved your mouse is very distracting and invasive. So, its very easy to access, but appears safely away from your text in the Instant Details, to not obscure everything. Or, you can have it obscure, but we require a 'click' to make sure it was intentional.

Sure is! You can either open the Instant Details zone (from the Windows menu, or the 'lightning' looking icon in the toolbar) and lots of hover information will be displayed there. You can also 'pop' out the zone to a floating window if you want it separate from your main workspace. Your other option is to alt-click (or click and hold) on the link for the information to pop up.

The main reason we put it in the Instant details, or in the popover, is that we felt having windows constantly appear and disappear as you moved your mouse is very distracting and invasive. So, its very easy to access, but appears safely away from your text in the Instant Details, to not obscure everything. Or, you can have it obscure, but we require a 'click' to make sure it was intentional.

Thanks for the reply, that's an interesting approach/view on it. I actually think it is more distracting for it to not pop up immediately and have to do more steps, but that is just me I guess. Perhaps add it as an option? Also, is there a way then to turn off each word being highlighted in my ESV as I mouse over it? That is annoying as well ;)

Well, if you keep the Instant Details open (you can size it as big/small as you want, or move it to the other side of the workspace), no actions are required at all, just hover.

Sure, the highlighting you notice is our mouseover-highlighting. In the Preferences -> Instant Details you'll find checkboxes for 'Source highlighting' (highlighting of the word your mouse is over) and 'Cross highlighting' (highlighting of the matching word in other open panes).

Well, if you keep the Instant Details open (you can size it as big/small as you want, or move it to the other side of the workspace), no actions are required at all, just hover.

Sure, the highlighting you notice is our mouseover-highlighting. In the Preferences -> Instant Details you'll find checkboxes for 'Source highlighting' (highlighting of the word your mouse is over) and 'Cross highlighting' (highlighting of the matching word in other open panes).

Ah ok, thanks. I can't view the videos online because Vimeo is blocked by our internet filter. Anywhere to download those videos so I can still view them? Thanks for the help by the way.