Use Text and User Tool simultaneously

MatthewCrowe

In view of the discussion on preaching from your iPad (particularly Brent Lawrence's comment), I would love to be able to have my preaching text on half the screen and my User Tool for sermon manuscripts on the other half of the screen.

Using the links like Brent mentioned works well but I would like to look down and see both text and tool without having to go back and forth between them.

I'd like that, too, as would several others here on the iOS team. That means displaying two independent zones, though, which is going to be a challenge. Like you, we're waiting patiently.

Ah, I see. Yes, I guessed if that were easy it would have already been a reality.

Thanks Dr. J!

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps this is the subject being discussed, but is there a way for Accordance on iOS to change the way you edit your user notes so that the text is on one side and the entry for the User Note does not block the text but is in a parallel window like when the note is being displayed. Is this a complex issue for programming?

I can see the user notes great if you are working through a book or letter on a series for your congregation.

I've said this before (and our styles of preaching are different) but for example, this week our set readings for the principle service are for Trinity Sunday (and these guys are great in the uk coz I can download the lectionary into my calendar http://almanac.oremus.org/2014-06-15)

Principal Service

Isaiah 40.12-17,27-31

Psalm 8

2 Corinthians 13.11-13

Matthew 28.16-20

And through for example Carson, some of these will refer to other passages so I would want to collate my sermon notes on a group of scriptures rather than have my notes spread out through the scriptures,. Which I suppose is why many are using external notes applications to collate their material into.