Add iCloud storage functionality

R Gustason

Add the ability to store modules in iCloud?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, purely out of curiosity, I've decided to post a poll and see how many users would like to see the ability to store your library in the cloud, such as iCloud. Obviously this is not intended to "strong arm" the company into implementing such a feature, just a poll to see how many like minded individuals see a benefit in having this functionality.

If it means that Accordance would have to be connected to the internet to work I wouldn't want that. I prefer Bible apps that work offline.

• Like 1

What functionality are you asking for that would be different from using easy install to download the modules from Accordance's servers? And wouldn't the iCloud-dependent functions be limited to users who purchased Accordance through the App store?

For me, it depends on how this is done. Will I still be able to download the modules I want to my iOS device? If it doesn't inhibit anything that I can already do, then yes.

I believe his request is to use his modules on his device without needing to actually download them and install them on his device. I can understand how it might be nice to have the graphic rich modules in the cloud to keep ones device free, but all in all it is not something I would want. Rather than pay yearly for cloud storage I would much prefer to pay once for a larger device. But that is just me.

-Dan

I believe his request is to use his modules on his device without needing to actually download them and install them on his device. I can understand how it might be nice to have the graphic rich modules in the cloud to keep ones device free, but all in all it is not something I would want. Rather than pay yearly for cloud storage I would much prefer to pay once for a larger device. But that is just me.

-Dan

If you want a system for server-based access, it might make more sense for Accordance to host that service on it's own servers, like an evolution (pretty big one) of easy install. But i'm not sure I would use such a system very much. i like the speed and reliability of local access.

• Like 1

I have a friend who stores his music on the cloud. Whenever we drive together he has to listen to my music as he can never connect. ;o) like others, I like it on my device, to such an extent, I changed from an android phone to an iPhone.

What if don't understand is that the vote states 16 have voted but from my maths, 4+8=12 so not sure where the other 4 votes are, perhaps they were spoilt???????

People can vote as a 'null' vote to see the responses without tainting the results.

I really like having the modules on my device, even though I've had limited storage until now (a 16 GB iPhone 5). It's one of the big advantages I see in Accordance's app vs some other companies. I too would rather pay more for a device with additional storage (I just bought a 64 GB iPhone 6+.).

I don't live in a major metro area and cell phone internet is often unstable in my area. I like the security of having my modules always available.

• Like 4

I prefer to keep modules local but I would like to see tools and user notes moved to iCloud for syncing. The current Dropbox implementation has been very unreliable in my experience.

Edited by jeremyduncan
  • Like 2

I would like to echo jeremyduncan on this. Reliability of Dropbox has been a real issue for me.

• Like 1

(I just bought a 64 GB iPhone 6+.).

I think there should be a policy here that anyone who buys a 64 GB iPhone 6+ and boasts about it has to buy two more to give away… :)

So, my original thoughts on implementation were to have the ability to store them on the device, or on icloud or some form of storage so I wouldn't need to download all modules directly to my device. Currently Accordance is the biggest storage hog on my meager 16GB iPad. My accordance and modules take up 3GB. That's 18.75% of my storage with just this app. I would like to put the maps and photo collection on the cloud, and be able to access it through Accordance as if it was stored locally, knowing that it would be unavailable in the event of a loss of wifi.

Things like my bibles and a few dictionarys and commentaries I'd like to keep on the device itself, hopefully shrinking my 3GB down to under 1GB of storage usage to free up more room for other apps.

Hope this clears up what I was thinking, but not sure if that is even something that can be done... In my minds eye I was thinking instead of the path to the module being local (i.e. /Accordance/Modules/) it could be simply pointing to a url (like www.icloud.com/ryangustason/Accordance/Modules). It probably is not that simple, but that's what I was thinking anyway.

Yes, my iPad is only 16 Gig and storage is a real issue. Got to delete a load so I can upgrade to iOS 8. And I have paired back my accordance to what I actually need or couldn't be without. If I really need something that isn't on my iPad, I struggle across the room and get the MBP out and wait while it does it's thing...

;o)