User Notes import?

gbjohnston

I have a set of textual notes tied to specific verses as a text file on my computer. I know that I can import this as a User Tool, but I would like the notes to scroll in parallel with the text, as User Notes or Study Bible modules do. Is there an easy way to either:

a) Import User Notes from a text file, or

B) Set up User Tools to scroll in parallel by verse?

Currently there is no easy way to do this. If you imort a User Tool from an html, the references should be linked automatically, but it won't scroll. Eventually we hope to make a user tool that works as a reference tool, but other features haver deferred this one for a little while.

You can copy and paste (not import) into user notes, the limit per copy is 32k, but you can do this multiple times. Scripture links (if they are properly formatted) are automatically created and the note will scroll in sync with the text. It's not an elegant solution, but I am told it works. Personally I don't use User Notes a lot.

You can copy and paste (not import) into user notes, the limit per copy is 32k, but you can do this multiple times. Scripture links (if they are properly formatted) are automatically created and the note will scroll in sync with the text. It's not an elegant solution, but I am told it works. Personally I don't use User Notes a lot.

Just copy and paste into the user notes edit window? This doesn't seem to work, at least the way I'm trying it... I end up with a link to a single verse, the one I edited to open the Edit User Notes window, with a large block of text underneath it. Scripture references are not automatically linked to their verses. Is there any particular format in which things need to be for this to work?

• 4 years later...

Is there still no way to import into User Notes? Maybe I missed something?

Since it has been discussed for over a decade, I'm guessing it's completely off the roadmap?

That's a shame.

• Like 1

Is there still no way to import into User Notes? Maybe I missed something?

Since it has been discussed for over a decade, I'm guessing it's completely off the roadmap?

That's a shame.

And it should works with the superscripts from the Imported Bibles too.

Greetings

Fabian