GNT-T Syntax Module Does Not Contain Romans-Galatians

Mike Ross

I have a question about the GNT-T syntax module. I noticed that it only contains the Gospels and Acts while the other GNT syntax module contains these and Romans-Galatians. Will these and future releases be developed for the basic GNT-T?

Thanks!

• Like 1

No, we simply cannot maintain two versions of the syntax, so the ongoing updated version will be the GNT28-T.syntax. It's a free upgrade to the GNT-T.syntax but you do have to pay a little to update your text to GNT28-T.

I understand. Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Wait, I paid $50.00 for the syntax add on to GNT-T. You are saying that I also have to pay for GNT28-T to have the full version of what I paid for in the first place?

• Like 2

Well, you need to upgrade your GNT-T to GNT28-T for the princely sum of $9.90 which gets you the latest critical text, updated Notes, and the ability to sync properly with your free upgrade to the GNT28-T Syntax. We cannot upgrade the text for free since we owe a royalty on it.

• Like 1

Wait, I paid $50.00 for the syntax add on to GNT-T. You are saying that I also have to pay for GNT28-T to have the full version of what I paid for in the first place?

I can see why you might be a little upset at having to pay more, but do consider that you can in fact get the latest version of the syntax module for no additional charge. The upgrade fee is to get the latest text, and it seems reasonable that Accordance would build the latest version of the syntax to work with the latest version of the greek NT. It's not their fault that the syntax development overlapped the first change in the GNT text in 35 years!

Edited by JonathanHuber
  • Like 1

I did not mean to come off as upset. I was confused about the way that it worked. I did some research and I can understand. I did not realize that it was only $10.00 for the upgraded text. On the store it lists it as $100 but that is with the apparatus.

The link to the standalone text if you don’t have GNT-T is here Greek New Testament (tagged, based on NA28) and it is $59.90

The link to the upgrade is here GNT28-T upgrade from GNT-T and is $9.90.

Enjoy!

Edited by Ken Simpson

• 3 weeks later...