Letters to God

Ron Priest

Hi All

I don't know if this is the right place for this, or even if there is a right place for this on these boards, but possibly there a general discussion area that is for off topic stuff, although I haven't seen one. If so please feel free to move this post to it's proper place, but I just wanted to share this with the Accordance community since most of us probably have iPhones and or iPads.

I wanted to comment on a Christian based movie I just watched last night, it's titled "Letters to God" It's about a little boy's faith in God who is suffering from brain cancer. He writes these letters to God, and the mail man doesn't know what to do with them at first. His letters to God are actually prayers and most of them are out of concern for other people, not himself. The whole movie is generally a evangelistic drama, but it's a true story and very touching. If you haven't watched it, I would highly suggest it. I watched it free on Netflix, but liked it so much that I went ahead and purchased the movie in iTunes for $9.95 as well as the audio soundtrack for $9.95 (there is some great songs there!) I want my grandkids to watch it as well as my Mom... since I have an Apple TV for her at her house.

There's also an iPhone/iPad app with the same title, "Letters to God" and you can go in there and view the globe rotating with little lights lit up around the world where people have posted prayers. You can then tap on the little lights and see exactly where that person is from and read the letter to God they have written. Furthermore, you can choose to pray for the author of the letter, and I suppose they get notified that someone in the world has prayed for them, not sure how that works yet. So it's like a God centered social network I guess you might say, a very interesting concept indeed. I haven't come across any bad language or anything like that yet, I would hope that kind of stuff is censored to keep satan out.

I would be interested in your thoughts both about the movie and the app.

Thanks.

Ron:

I know your intentions are good, but this post does not meet the Forum guidelines. We deliberately do not have an off-topic area since we want our Forums to be a friendly place for people of all faiths or none. It may be hard for the majority to appreciate how threatening evangelistic or evangelical (yes, I do know the difference) statements are to some people. Hurt feeings and accusations so easily escalate to flame wars. We try to keep all that off our forums, and focus instead of the use of Accordance to study the Bible. Please respect our policy.

Ron:

I know your intentions are good, but this post does not meet the Forum guidelines. We deliberately do not have an off-topic area since we want our Forums to be a friendly place for people of all faiths or none. It may be hard for the majority to appreciate how threatening evangelistic or evangelical (yes, I do know the difference) statements are to some people. Hurt feeings and accusations so easily escalate to flame wars. We try to keep all that off our forums, and focus instead of the use of Accordance to study the Bible. Please respect our policy.

Okay, well that's why I was asking. No problem Helen, just delete the post.

Thanks.

Archived