Proper Way to Uninstall Demo?

Paul Daunno

Now that I've purchased Accordance I want to uninstall the demo to prepare for installing the "real" one. What is the proper procedure for doing this?

-Paul

You can simply remove the Accordance demo folder from Applications, and the Accordance demo Preferences from user/Library/Preferences.

You can simply remove the Accordance demo folder from Applications, and the Accordance demo Preferences from user/Library/Preferences.

Thank you Helen. I believe I've found everything and moved it to Trash and also rebooted. I can't wait to install the full version later today.

-Paul

• 4 years later...

Is the above still accurate for a complete uninstall? I'm trying to put the user files in a non default location. I figured an uninstall/reinstall might be a clean way to go about it. I've done the above described uninstall, including deleting the OakTree preferences files, and have used AppTrap as well. Still, on a reinstall the Workspace dropdown list still shows a workspace I defined earlier, though It can't find the file if selected. Clearly I've failed to remove something. How do I remove everything from the original installation?

-Jack

HI Jack,

in a standard install there are four places you need to go...

the Accordance application in your /Applications folder

the Accordance Files folder at /user folder/Documents/Accordance Files

The Accordance folder at /user folder/Library/Application Support/Accordance

and the Accordance Preferences folder at /user folder/Library/Preferences/Accordance\ Preferences

You can access the user library area by holding down the option key when you click on the "Go" menu in the Finder

Be careful about non--standard installations. It makes it harder to debug issues. What do you want to do and why? (if I may ask)

Be careful about non--standard installations. It makes it harder to debug issues. What do you want to do and why? (if I may ask)

Thanks Ken:

For many years I've localized all critical files, like documents, databases, images, etc. within a single large backup folder which itself contains various smaller folders. As long as I have that single folder backed up I know that if something happens to my computer I can get back where where I started by reinstalling programs. Over time those files, even separated from the program files, get to be significant in size. Still, though my backup folder is now 20 gigs, I know that if I have a current backup of it I can afford to lose everything else. This technique was much easier on a PC than it is on a Mac. I've found Apple likes to hide folders and distribute a given program's files widely throughout the software. Your excellent list of all the files that have to be deleted is a good example. Another I've found is the common complaint of PC users being frustrated with the obscure way iPhoto hides image file folders.