Accordance and Snow Leopard?

Dr. Nathan Parker

I'm just wondering if the developers have been testing Accordance with Snow Leopard, and if so, how is it performing?

Sorry if this has been discussed in a previous post. I couldn't find anything, so I started up.

Thanks!

I just ordered one of the new 15" macbook pro laptops and am looking forward to snow leopard... any word on 64 bittiness?

Yes, we are testing on pre-release versions of Snow Leopard. No issues so far but we'll deal with any that do come up.

Yes, we are testing on pre-release versions of Snow Leopard. No issues so far but we'll deal with any that do come up.

Excellent! I thought you have been testing it on Snow Leopard. Glad to see that it's been performing well.

• 2 months later...

With the release of Snow Leopard officially set for this Friday (8/28), are there any upgrade issues that users should know about?

The only issue of which we are aware is that our OS X installers prior to April 08 are PPC installers and will require Rosetta. If you need to use an old installer, you will need to have Rosetta installed (which is optional on 10.6). However, CDs with just one or two modules do not need the installer, you can simply copy the moduler to the Accordance folder and then open it in Accordance.

I noticed that Accordance is not listed at all at http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/ which is the current "official/unofficial" list of software compatibility with 10.6.

Perhaps Accordance could be added by someone who could offer an authoritative statement on its status.

I noticed that Accordance is not listed at all at http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/ which is the current "official/unofficial" list of software compatibility with 10.6.

Perhaps Accordance could be added by someone who could offer an authoritative statement on its status.

I agree someone who has worked with final build of snow leopard should add it to the site. One of the first apps I looked for on the list. Didn't see it so came here to get details.

Accordance loads SO VERY FAST in Snow Leopard. It's just instantaneously there as soon as I hit the icon in the Dock.

How does one install rosetta? I just installed Snow Leopard and the fonts for the Greek and Hebrew are wrong in Accordance. I got a message at the end of the install process asking me if I wanted to install Rosetta but the message window has gone.

Rosetta is the "emulator" that runs non-Universal programs. It is also the name of one of our fonts, but that is pure coincidence. You do not need Rosetta to run Accordance. I suggest you reinstall Accordance 8.2.3 to get the fonts installed.

How does one install rosetta? I just installed Snow Leopard and the fonts for the Greek and Hebrew are wrong in Accordance. I got a message at the end of the install process asking me if I wanted to install Rosetta but the message window has gone.

I'm having the same problem. I did a clean install of Snow Leopard, and once I reinstalled all my Accordance Modules, the greek and hebrew fonts no longer work. Interestingly, the italics greek fonts work (ie OT quotes in the NT), but the "normal" fonts display as ascii characters.

I tried reinstalling the latest update (8.2.3?), but that didn't fix the issue.

The problem turned out to be the usual font duplicate problem. Removing all the Accordance fonts except those that were.famTrueType from FontBook corrected it. The FontFixer utility on the same page as the Accordance installers should accomplish the same result.

Archived