Ability to Highlight Instant Details

Enoch

Particularly with the textual apparatus for the maroon Bible Society Greek NT, it would be nice to be able to highlight the enter to make it easier to read. The alternative readings could be highlighted in one color, & the important mss in another color, for each variant.

And that would require some way to hold the Instant Details on the screen when you move the cursor from the text area down to the ID box.

Agreed with Enoch--not sure what level of programming would be required here, or if the staff would choose to invest time on that, but it would be a great feature, especially for texts with more complicated apparatuses. Making instant details static by holding down shift still does not allow for highlighting, that I can see.

It's not quite what you are asking, but you can open the apparatus in a parallel pane and highlight whatever you want. It doesn't then affect the instant details pane, but it does allow you to "make it easier to read"

Overall remember that Instant Details is just that—Instant. I don't see the reason why you would want to make the ID anymore than that—in which event you begin to blur the purposes of a zone to that of the ID.

• Like 2

True--good points, Ken and James. I guess maybe it's a real estate issue--the more the better, so that if I could keep an apparatus in ID and use the tabs and zones for other tools/texts, I'd have more options. In the end, not a huge deal for me. Accordance can already manage a lot at once in a fast, smooth, and visually appealing way.

I believe 10.1 incorporated a great feature of ID that was extant with 9.6, namely, you can set the ID to disappear in its detached state. This way, you can repurpose some screen real estate. FWIW, this is my preferred way to use ID.