Instant Details link to HALOT, BDB, etc.

Jamie B

I love to read the Hebrew on my iPhone and iPad. I also love the instant details feature. However, sometimes I would like to see the entry in HALOT or BDB when I am interested in knowing more about a particular word. As of now, the only way to do that is to leave your text and open the Hebrew tool, and type in the root of the word you are looking for. Once you are done with HALOT, you have to go back to the BHS module and re-enter your text reference.

I would like to be able to click on the Hebrew word in the instant details pane that would then take me directly to that entry in HALOT. Then, it would be great to have a button, much like the one in the new beta version used to go back to your text after running a search, that would take me back to the text I was working with.

Overall, I wish more things were linked, so you could jump all over the place like you can in the desktop version.

I love to read the Hebrew on my iPhone and iPad. I also love the instant details feature. However, sometimes I would like to see the entry in HALOT or BDB when I am interested in knowing more about a particular word. As of now, the only way to do that is to leave your text and open the Hebrew tool, and type in the root of the word you are looking for. Once you are done with HALOT, you have to go back to the BHS module and re-enter your text reference.

I would like to be able to click on the Hebrew word in the instant details pane that would then take me directly to that entry in HALOT. Then, it would be great to have a button, much like the one in the new beta version used to go back to your text after running a search, that would take me back to the text I was working with.

Overall, I wish more things were linked, so you could jump all over the place like you can in the desktop version.

It's coming. Just not in the next version currently being tested (1.2). It is planned for 1.3.

Scott.

Archived