Embedding an Accordance document as a link in Word

revkate

When preparing a message, I may choose to use a number of different Accordance reference tools in the process. I write most everything for Sunday in MS Word 2011 for Mac.

I realize that I can simply make a note of the specific bible/commentary/dictionary used to prepare a thought. But if it is possible, I would like to suggest a shortcut.

I would like to know if it is possible to use the 'file/save-as' OR 'file/save-a-session' ("com.OakTree.Accordance.document") and embed it into a Word document. In that way I could keep all resources used for a specific 'sermon seed' in a single concise package. The final Word file might have several such embedded links or files back to specific sessions in Accordance.

RevKate

Edited by revkate

Yes, RevKate, you can do that. You can reference files on your computer inside your Word document. So, you can save a window session, and then refer to that file in your document.

If you want to use the standard URL hyperlink format, it is:

file:///Users/MyUserName/Documents/MySavedAccordanceSession

A quick way to see the file path would be to drag the file into the bookmark bar of Safari, then look at the Address that resulted in the bookmark.

• Like 1

Joe,

Many Thanks. That worked perfectly for me!

Kate

Edited by revkate

Kate,

Glad to hear.