Multiple Instant Details windows

charlie

I use more than one monitor and would love to see the option to add multiple instant details boxes. Thanks!

I use more than one monitor and would love to see the option to add multiple instant details boxes. Thanks!

Since the instant details box works by hovering the mouse over content, how would having more than one be beneficial? I don't see any advantage in having the same instant details in more than one window.

Since the instant details box works by hovering the mouse over content, how would having more than one be beneficial? I don't see any advantage in having the same instant details in more than one window.

I use two monitors, and have Accordance windows on both monitors. If I hover over a word on the top left of the left-hand monitor, then the instant details window might be several feet away from what I'm hovering over. Does that make sense?

I've actually thought of this before, and even mentioned it to one of our app developers. The idea is to treat separate workspaces as individual entities so that hovering over a word in a workspace on one monitor would display ID in a box for that workspace, and the same on the other. But, there are inherent difficulties with this, and I don't know if it will ever be integrated as a feature. What then about your resource palette, highlights, etc. It also seems like it would be opening up a can so to speak.

More importantly, there is already a list a mile long of things to add for v.9, and from the bits I've heard of, I think you'll be very happy with what is in store.

I've actually thought of this before, and even mentioned it to one of our app developers. The idea is to treat separate workspaces as individual entities so that hovering over a word in a workspace on one monitor would display ID in a box for that workspace, and the same on the other. But, there are inherent difficulties with this, and I don't know if it will ever be integrated as a feature. What then about your resource palette, highlights, etc. It also seems like it would be opening up a can so to speak.

More importantly, there is already a list a mile long of things to add for v.9, and from the bits I've heard of, I think you'll be very happy with what is in store.

Thanks for the response. I'm excited about what's in store for v9!

To clarify my request. I don't need the different instant details windows to be linked to separate workspaces. It would be perfectly acceptable for all the instant details windows to display identical results. After all, I can't look at more than one at a time. So, the instant details windows would be identical, I would just have the option to have more than one (and move them around my monitors as needed).

Thanks to the Accordance team for such a great product. It's made a huge difference in my studies!

Thanks for the response. I'm excited about what's in store for v9!

To clarify my request. I don't need the different instant details windows to be linked to separate workspaces. It would be perfectly acceptable for all the instant details windows to display identical results. After all, I can't look at more than one at a time. So, the instant details windows would be identical, I would just have the option to have more than one (and move them around my monitors as needed).

Thanks to the Accordance team for such a great product. It's made a huge difference in my studies!

I see what you mean. I'm not on the app development side, so have no idea whether that makes a difference or not. I just wanted you to know I didn't think it was a crazy request, since I also use multiple monitors and thought of it too. :)

Archived