Words of the FATHER, the Son, and the Spirit

Robert N

I'm not sure about this one or that I can correctly articulate what I am suggesting, but here goes.

I think it is great that, at lest in some texts/modules, we have the words of Jesus in red. I would also like to have the words of the Father in say purple and the words of the Spirit in say blue. I am perhaps asking for an extension of the highlighting ability where we can change the font color, BUT I do not want the text to be compromised. Perhaps there is already a way to do this?

If there is please remove this suggestion and instruct me on how to do it. Thanks!!! http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

None of our texts contain the information as to who is speaking, except for the red letter markup. I do not think this is feasible.

Robert,

That's just never going to happen in a published form, so your best bet is to use a highlighting (which can also be underlining, btw) scheme and do the markings yourself.

This could be changed into a request for the Sword Bible which contains both a red letter Old Testament and New Testament. See here. This may meet your needs.

I'm not sure about this one or that I can correctly articulate what I am suggesting, but here goes.

I think it is great that, at lest in some texts/modules, we have the words of Jesus in red. I would also like to have the words of the Father in say purple and the words of the Spirit in say blue. I am perhaps asking for an extension of the highlighting ability where we can change the font color, BUT I do not want the text to be compromised. Perhaps there is already a way to do this?

If there is please remove this suggestion and instruct me on how to do it. Thanks!!! http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Robert, would simply using the highlighting feature not accomplish the same thing? I realize you wouldn't have the words themselves in a different color, but highlighting should serve the same purpose if you didn't use the same highlight for anything else.

On a related, but not directly note, when I was in college, I thought it would be interesting to do what you're wanting to do, but in a physical Bible. Although I personally don't care for even words of Christ in red in my Bibles now, it was a good little exercise. One quickly determines that God is definitely a main character in the Old Testament. I showed my results to one person who then paid me to highlight the words of Christ in red in an Amplified Bible (no such actual edition existed).

If someone does mark up the words of God and the words of the Spirit, it would be a useful addition to many. Perhaps worth uploading to the Accordance Exchange? Recall, though, that highlights of specific words and phrases are specific to the translation, as opposed to entire passage highlights, which are global across all versions.

If someone does mark up the words of God and the words of the Spirit, it would be a useful addition to many. Perhaps worth uploading to the Accordance Exchange? Recall, though, that highlights of specific words and phrases are specific to the translation, as opposed to entire passage highlights, which are global across all versions.

I wanted to same thing for certain passages. I made a highlight style called "Who's talking" mainly for the book of Job, but I thought about doing a search for "says the Lord", and starting there... I'll see if I can upload what I have to the Accordance Exchange.

• 8 months later...

I have thought more on this and I thing the positive response by many to the "Red Letter Editions" supports the idea that the ability to switch on and off the Red Letter and additional colors for describing who is speaking is an idea that has merit. I realize there are those who wouldn't like it, but having the option would allow them to turn it on and off. Anyway I think the idea has merit as long as it can be turned on and off and it would also be nice to let the user select the colors whether it be colors for the text or highlighting. http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Archived