hang/crash on "search all tools" with <and>

Anthony Sepulveda

[Acc 10.4.2.2, W 8.1, HP Pavilion g6-2306el]

I was trying to look for the instances of "ephraim <AND> israel" in all the tools I have available. What happens is that when I double-click on one of the modules in the left hand side of the search all tab, the module opens, but noticeably the up/down arrows for 'Art' and 'Mk' in the lower-right corner of the tab do not appear (see screenshot). From there the program no longer responds. A few more clicks on the screen and drags on the vertical scroll-bar, and the program crashes.

post-32492-0-80266800-1400336517_thumb.png

I cannot repeat this crash in Windows 7 with the latest versions of the module and the program. Please check that you are using the latest versions.

Hello Anthony,

Does this happen to you on every tool or only on Tyndale Commentary. Do you get the 'Art' if you open this tool from the library?

Hi Helen,

Yes, I'm using the latest versions of the modules and the program. It's just strange, because this happens to me every time I repeat this test case.

Hi Orly,

Using the latest Aleph I couldn't even open any of the modules at the left-hand side of the Search All tab. The program just hangs, after trying for several seconds to complete the requested search. The Tyndale commentary (or any other module for that matter) works normally when opened from the Library.

Thanks,

--anthony

I tried 'Search All Tools' for "ephraim <AND> israel" and I experienced the same issue as Anthony. Sometimes it would freeze as soon as the search results were shown and other times it would allow me to open a few Tools before freezing and crashing. This was on 10.4.2.2 and on both Windows 7 and 8.

I tried 'Search All' and 'Search All Texts' and both worked fine. I tried 'Search All Tools' with just one word (ephraim) and it worked fine as well.

I also tried different words, "Moses <AND> Aaron", but there was still the same issue.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan Mudge

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for this info; I was beginning to think that the <AND> part was just accidental.

I'm having a similar problem. I've got a brand new install of Accordance on an Acer Aspire R7-572. Both Accordance and Windows are up to date (10.4.2.2 and 8.1 respectively).

I've noticed that when I do a search all of either text or tools, regardless of whether I'm searching for a word or phrase, Accordance will begin the search but eventually hang. A vertical black bar shows up at the right of the dialogue box and it no longer shows me what title is being searched. If I try clicking on the dialogue box or any other Accordance window, Accordance will display a not responding status at the title bar. But if I leave it alone, it will eventually come out of it (after taking way too long) and show my search results. However, it's usually only good for one or two searches before it hangs indefinitely, crashes, or comes back with a blank window. If I restart Accordance, I'm good for another search or two.

Edited by R. Mansfield